Golden Girls

C

Clive Evans

Congratulations to the English Ladies Team. Individual and team Gold winners in the Ladies World Championship. Well done Girls!!
Or was it?
I think this must be a third-rate competition, because it
certainly only got third-rate coverage in A.T. Page 55, quarter-page article, and one picture. Enthusiastic, or what? Remember Alan? Remember Bob. Soaking wet, huge grins, fists raised in triumph!
Maybe thats where the girls went wrong? Six revealing wet tee-shirts and they might even have made it to Page 3.
There are ladies on this forum who, quite rightly, should be incensed at this hypocracy.
Over to you girls.

J

john conway

Your right Clive, the girls should have had equally as much coverage for their achievement as the lads. Well-done ladies.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Apologies for hijacking this thread but I've been emailing John Conway recently with no reply. Could you get in touch please John.

W

Wendy Perry

I totally agree here Clive i've said lots of times that the ladies don't get the praise that the men get. For instance at Fishomania last month the guy who won it got ?25,000 and the lady won ?1,000 i think it's outrageous !! Then when it came to the write up in these magazines the ladies get maybe a one line sentence. They should encourage ladies to start fishing by showing them what other lady anglers can do!!!
GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

G

Gary Knowles

Wendy - If ladies want the same prize money they should compete in the same competition. Unfortunately though that means they wouldn't win !!!!!!

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
OOHH. Barney's wooden spoon is working well today!

But he is right Wendy, as far as Fishomania is concerned. It's a fully open competition that ladies can enter and there was a lady in the final a couple of years ago (Wendy Lythgoe?). The question has to be really why do the ladies get a competition of their own on the finals day? Surely this is actually discrimination against men!

But as far as the thread goes the ladies didn't get the recognition they deserve in these world champs.

W

Wendy Perry

Yeah but guys it isn't about winning it's about competing and winning is a bonus !

G

Gary Knowles

Correct Wendy and I stopped competing years ago as I hated not being able to choose my own peg and being dictated to what time I could fish.

I'm sorry to say the reason the guys at Fishomania get 25 times what the gals get is that they are far better anglers. If this wasn't the case the ladies would surely be fishing in the same competition...

W

Wendy Perry

ok ok i hold my hands up but.... it's still quite annoying when the ladies don't get the praise they deserve i mean cmon they are the ladies world champions.

G

Gerry Castles

Oh come on Wendy you'd only waste it on tights and make up and shoes.....I'll get my coat shall I ?

G

Gary Knowles

Wendy,

I'm sure you'll be pleased to see the ladies team have been given two pages in today's AT. Perhaps the result was too close to the printing deadline to get a decent report last week.

W

Wendy Perry

i know gary.... i was just about to put it on here to say well done to Angling times for the two page spread !!!!! What a wonderful read !!

Paul maybe you should write and ask the ladies England team to get them out just for you :eek:)

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I know the guys or Girls get a gold medal for their brilliant efforts, but It's hardly
awe inspiring stuff IS IT?

It's not Paula Radcliff
It's not Lennox Lewis
It's not J. Edwards

Lets get real, and realise that fishing is to most people a past-time, Hobby, Call it what you like.

To a dedicated few It's a way of life.

To a large group It's called Match Fishing
And they play games that involve the "World Champinships"
World Championships used in the same context as the World Series as in America (where only the americans take part) Any one get my drift.

G

Gary Knowles

Paul - did you say you "BLANKED" or was that a typo ?

Thanks Murray.....Sandra Halkon-Hunt ?...no thanks, looks like a kajagoogoo thowback...might intrest Warren then !