Carp Record Broken Again

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
If ever a bloke deserved a medal for perseverance it should be Lee Jackson who has just copped Two Tone from Coningbrook after many years of trying.

So, well done to Lee.

<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=1&UAN=2039>'Carp Record Broken'</A>.

J

jeff burgess

Terrific! Maybe the catch was inspired by Colin Davidson's article in last weeks Amgler's Mail where he rated Lee as one of his top 3 carp anglers and hoped Lee would bank Two-Tone!

S

Stuart Bullard

Just out of interest, is Lee one of these "time bandits" that some were most willing to criticise following Barney's article?

I only know him from his writings, which I normally find to be interesting and informative. So well done to Lee.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I think there is some misunderstanding about 'Time Bandits'. The ones that Gary is refering to are those that have little or no skill but simply spend sufficient time on the water to catch big fish and then crow about how good they are.

It IS possible to spend a lot of time on a water AND be a good angler. I would say that Lee Jackson fits into that category.

R

Rick Winters

Well done Jacko, it really could'nt of happened to a nicer guy I spoke to him at the TackleBox last week where He works five days a week so there is no way he could be called a time bandit!!!

D

David Will

Same here Rick , Lee is not a time bandit most weeks only does one overnighter.He is that rare breed of very good angler(not just Carp by the way) and nice bloke.

R

Ron Clay

Obviously Lee knows what he is doing and deserves to catch a record.

The time bandits will be upset.

S

Stuart Bullard

Dont worry, I wasn't accusing him, just interested in this distinction. I am glad he is one of the good guys, because it seems to come over in his writings and TV apprearences.

D

David Will

I hope he writes a book other than instructional one day and is able to talk of the other species he has fished for , it would be a really good read.

David Preston

Reaction score
I understand that Gary Bayes had predicted that it would be caught again soon - only a couple of days prior to this capture!

C

Chris Betts

Having listened to Lee speak at various Carp Fishing events over the years the one thing that comes across is his dedication. Six years is along time to be after one fish. I am really pleased for him. That amount of effort deserves the reward, and for such a nice bloke to catch a true English monster its great. Well done Lee, well done Gary aswel. I spoke to Gary about two months after he had caught two tone. He said it still hadn't sunk in. I bet Lee is the same. Well done again.