pop ups do they acctually work?

M

michael hall

do pop ups acctually work what i mean is that we u try them in the margins they pop up or if counterbalanced slightly differently do they actually work the same in say 7 - 8 feet of water as the water pressures are completely different to those in the margins therefore the baits will react differently and in my guess they would sink! and not react much at all! what do u think or know if the case may be!

A

andrew jackson

This is an interesting question. I think it is fact that a pop up will be subject to different forces in deeper water, and will act different. I presume that very bouyant popups over shotted will still popup, whereas a criticaly balanced popup will become a light bottom bait. Although how can we be sure, without serious reasearch and a way of making very consistant popups? The only reasuring thing is the fact that free offerings are subject to the same forces. So no matter what water pressure the baits are subject to, your popup/light bottom bait will retain the same difference of relative bouyancy to your free offerings. So even if your popup doesn't at least a measured suck will see your hook bait causing problems.