carp on the pole..........

D

Denis Goulding

Hi all,
I have just branched out from trout pike and coarse to carp, well they arwe out their on their own, i fished a pond last week with the pole, had 40-50 small cap to a pound but had over 20 good tench from 2 to over just might i add 5 pound..It;s stiff with fish but as novice othe pole could not get to the reallt good carp at all, the pond hold s bream to 13lb carp to 4, roach to 4 and tench to 6..there are also a lot of skimmers and some small perch present. the first ledge is 5 foot deep then it drops to 10 and up to 5 again before an island that stretches right through the centre of the lake.what set up would u use in these conditions to catch bigger carp, i pulled out of a few big fish as i couldn't control them on the pole..Groundbait is banned as is legering, it's a float only fishery..How would u rig the pole up..
Any help at all would be useful, i hadn't got a fish till i went to a 1 gram float and 2 number 10's,,as the fish could feel the float i was told..baits were luncheon meat and paste, i had maggots and corn and casters and worms but these two baits were the best .. i also loose fed with carp pellets.

M

Mike Lee

If I was fishing for bigger carp, I would fish a waggler tight over to the island mate.
Loosefeed hemp and caster and fish worm and caster on the hook.
Forget the pole mate, unless you llike doubling up No. 20 elastic that is...

D

Denis Goulding

Mike,
Thanks for the advice , but i really wanna get to grips with the pole, the loosefeeding method i will definetly try though..
thanks for the help..

Regards,
DENIS.