The Antis

M

Mark Elphick

Could anyone advise me on how to word a relpy to the editor of the Dorking Advertiser. After they published the following letter which I reproduce as it was printed in my local paper.

FISHING SHOULD BE BANNED
I HAD the considerable displeasure of witnessing an act of great cruelty on a visit to popular fishing spot near your office on Saturday.
A group of people were engaged in a fishing contest. I could not believe that this hideous and grotesquely cruel practice is still permitted under British law.
The poor fish were being dragged through the water with an evil, barbed hook in their mouth and then having their cold-blooded flesh scalded by being handled by warm blooded men and, unbelievably, women also
These poor creatures were left crammed suffocatingin a net until the end of the competition, when they were again manhandled for weighing
Now that we have banned hunting with Dogs in this country I am sure that we must ban this evil practice as soon as possible
I shall be returning to your area at the end of the month and looking for people who will support a ban on fishing.
Yours in horror
Theresa Thom
James Street
London

It is my opinion after seeing this in my local paper that we must respond in force. Any advice on wording a reply will be gratfully recieved

K

Kenneth Delaney

Mark,
Have a look at the "Lets's ban fishing" threads. Seems same letter been sent to every newspaper in the country.
Thought only God was omnipotent.

V

vince battams

obviously this woman has a fishing fetish, as she appears to be doing this on more than one river and reporting it to more than one newspaper.

W

Willie Russell

"Me thinks the lady doth protest too much" as William Silstar once wrote.

Theresa Thorn, eh! To-raise-a-thorn ...mmm! (am I just reading something into this?)

In the true fashion of the anti-brigade the author of this letter has once again got the facts wrong; hunting with dogs has not been banned in this country, in Scotland, yes, but in this country it is still running the parlimentary process. Unless she knows something we don't!

As for the editors, how can you openly misinform people by printing letters whose content is untrue and whose facts are dubious; where was this un-named popular fishery? Or do the facts no longer matter so long as it fills a space in your comics?

Duped by the antis' yet again, you muffins.