First fish of 2010?

maver man

Reaction score
Mine was a little Perch no bigger than 3oz caught on chopped worm when i was asked to hold a lads rod while he set up his pole.

maver man

Reaction score
Well i bet it was a pretty fish none the less ;)
I havent caught a roach in a long while actually wouldnt mind catching good 1lber:)

Nathan

Reaction score
Mine was a bream caught down the canal whilst lure fishing on the canal. Although to be fair I had foul hooked it whilst retrieving my lure so it doesn't really count :( I lost the only proper bite i got that day.

Son of Meldrew

Reaction score
about 5-6 oz but it was in mint condition .(no it didn't have a hole in the middle) just a pleasure to catch.

If I remember rightly, young Peter, your old man would have had that roach on a snap tackle pretty quickly and dropped it in a likely-looking pike hole...while you sat there in your short trousers freezing your wotsits off...no thermals and one-piece suits for the Crabtrees!

maver man

Reaction score
Mine was a bream caught down the canal whilst lure fishing on the canal. Although to be fair I had foul hooked it whilst retrieving my lure so it doesn't really count :( I lost the only proper bite i got that day.

Sorry to hear but at least you didnt blank ;)

about 5-6 oz but it was in mint condition .(no it didn't have a hole in the middle) just a pleasure to catch.

Sometimes its the smaller kind that are the prettiest ;)
Trotting or ledgering?

Rog Hill

Reaction score
Mine was a scale perfect chub which took the bait within seconds of casting out and threw the hook just as I got the net under it. Might be the start of a lucky year.

maver man

Reaction score
Same where i am.
Id love to get a pic of a beautiful dark Common with a snowy back drop :p

Reaction score
About 4lb. Male fish in lovely condition.

The ice had only cleared 2 days before so the water can't have been much above freezing.

tortoise100

Reaction score
Mine was a 4 inch chublet the first of four fish caught on new years day in a tributary everywere else near me was frozen and the river was a big brown monster.
The others were two roach and a dace btw.