Sidmouth novice - help

D

David Bruce

I am spending a weeks in Sidmouth on holiday later this month. Sick to death of the airports so i am staying in UK. I have a beachcaster rod and multiplier reel and hope to fish from the beach. No experience of doing this. What I need is some tips on terminal tackle (simple), baits, suitable spots to fish and of course the nearest tackle and bait shop. As always with the missus on holiday with me I'll have a limited amount of time for fishing so any help to get me catching asap will be much appreciated.

K

Kieran Hanrahan

Hi David

Never been to Sidmouth so if you can explain the marks / local geography I may be able to give you some general pointers - ask at the local tackle shop and you can look at my own hobby website www.sea-angling-ireland.org which lists all the species available in Irish and UK waters, including tactics, rigs, and information on bait presentation, casting... the lot!

Tight Lines :)

C

Chris Bishop

Sid's got a fairly steeply-shelving pebbly beach which does odd bass when there's a blow this time of year and not much else.

Better off going round and fishing the bottom end of the Teign estuary, which has legendary flattie fishing, or up the Exe around Dawlish/Starcross.

steve taylor

Reaction score
I recently acquired some neoprene chest waders which are brilliant, the only problem is that if you walk more than 100 yds in them you sweat like a pig. How do you combat this? Just wear swimming trunks underneath, or some sort of thin cotton trousers / leggings to soak up the sweat?