baitboat & fishfinder

jim Standish

Reaction score
I would like know it is possible to combine the both to work having a view of whats happening at the place of fishing.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

If you order from Angling Technics you can add this to your remote bait boat.

Graphic Sonar receiver - ?460

This highly advanced graphic sonar was developed by Fulcrum Designs to compliment the already extensive range of accessories available to owners of Angling Technics baitboats. It incorporates advanced digital signal processing to help differentiate between weed and sand or gravel. The method it uses is quite different to that of the ordinary fish finders.
The cost of the complete graphic system including fitting to either boat is ?595.

Fully compatible with existing Angling Technics echo sounder transponders.
Tough, robust and attractive waterproof housing.
Bed surface determination - weed, sand / gravel.
Non-bottom contact indication - e.g. a fish.
Protective bag included.
Maximum depth - 25 metres.
25 hours use from one charge (10 hours use with back-light).
Recharge in 15 hours.
Bank-stick fixing or handheld.
Rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride battery built in (no memory effect).
Battery condition indicator built in.
Back-light for low light conditions.
4 Zoom levels.
4 Speed levels.
Scale in feet and Metres.
6 Battery condition indicator levels.
Weight 500g.
Dimensions - 20cm x 11cm x 8cm.
LCD - 128 x 64 pixels - Backlit Super Twisted Nematic.
Radio frequency 418 Mhz (MTP 1340) .

W

Or if you think thats mad then look no further........

Angling Technics present another technological first for the serious angler - a baitboat mounted underwater video camera capable of transmitting high quality real time video to a shore based receiver up to 100 meters away!

Check out that feature, view your presentation, even watch a take ! The monitor is not part of the kit but can be purchased separately for - ?110.

Waterproof CCD video camera
100 meter radio range
Omnidirectional antenna
Infra red Lights built in
Low power consumption
Universal fixing kit included
Available with or without TV / monitor

W

I'm sure Stuart 'fag ash lil' Dennis has one, if not i'm sure he's just ordered it!!!

Sorry to upset you with these items Ron.

Underwater camera's, f***ing hell, whats the fishing world comin too.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
me? have one Wol? how dare you? what are you trying to say here exactly?

err...well...errr...yeah.... got it, love it and yes I am a souther shandy drinking tackle tart.

It's the 'mutts nuts' and well worth every penny! I'll be doing a review shortly boys.

B

Barry Gausden

they have been using under water cameras to watch marlin and shark take lures here in nz for some time.They video the whole thing for the charter customers to show what they caught.I think part of the mystique is going with the use of electronics on the bankside.

jim Standish

Reaction score
Thank you, I will be using the device for my night fishing for bream.

Jim Standish

C

Chrisx Ess

So what else do you need to spend to be able actually to USE the 1200 quid's worth of kit already mentioned? A Tosh laptop? - another grand!

What else will follow? Next will come some sort of satellite positioning system - so you can place your baits in exactly the same place every time. I can also imagine syndicate lakes with a couple or three beacons permanently set up as datum points. A drone boat could be left permanently patrolling the lake. Then we could call the the drone on our mobiles to find out if the carp are feeding, what the weather's like etc.
If the fish are feeding, we could turn up with our own boats, and send our baits to a predetermined (and permanently mapped) position on the lake. There will no longer be any need for casting, so rods could be designed purely for reeling in the fish. I can already visualise the Fox margin-fishing boat, the Fox weed-fishing boat - cunningly designed to look just like a lily pad. Won't that be fun? Er, yeah...

C

Chrisx Ess

There won't be any more arguments about pegs, who got there first and so on. The arguments will be about positions on the lake bed. Syndicates could be formed to let out the lake bed by the square foot. Gravel beds would be at a premium, no doubt.
Our boats could be left permanently garaged at the lake, to be activated by remote control, and sent out to fish for us. We can stay in bed at home, fishing in virtual reality. We could have submarine boats, which stay parked on the bed of the lake. Where would it all end? Note that the question can now be asked - the end, then, CAN be visualised....

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
They all sound like excellent sugestions Chrisx, patent them quickly mate and I'll buy some shares off you. See if you can come up with a remote controlled 'green eyed monster' to loose feed at the same time.

P

Paul Williams

Stu.......if i ever meet her i'm gonna tell her..nanananana!!......unless you are really really scared of her then i may blackmail you out of boat and sounder!!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
who do you think I am? man or mouse? Scared of her my arse!

shh... sorry, what address do you want me to send the boat to?