Youngsters in Fishing

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Loved this shot of young Alex.

According to the latest figures more youngsters are coming into fishing.

That's the best news we could have and will do more for the future of fishing than anything else.

P

Paul Williams

It is great that more youngsters are coming into fishing...but!....it would apear that more waters are excluding them, recently i wanted to take my nipper for a days crucian fishing at a day ticket water Nr Wolverhampton (Pool hall).....kids were not allowed!!
I can fully understand that clubs/DT waters specify that kids should be with an adult but to exclude them altogether sucks!

T

The Monk

Your quite right Paul, its important that we encourage kids into angling, they are after all our future, Any water which has an outright ban on kids should be outlawed, they do angling no favours

D

Dave Godwin

i personally coached over 100 younsters during the summer holidays who had never fished before and all the sessions were over subscribed to the ponit of parents asking me to run more sessions, the pleasing thing was that the west ham football coaching only coached 140 during the same period perhaps angling IS making a comeback with the younger generation.

Dave

T

The Monk

thats great to hear Dave and good on yer mate, the kids really are our future in the sport

R

Ron Clay

Without doubt another barbel fanatic in the making after an experience like that. I'll bet it beats all the video games and other attractions youngsters go in for.

When I was in my teens I had few interests other than fishing. Other attractions, even girls, could not beat a barbel pulling your string.