DIGITAL DIARY

S

Stuart Johnson

Nice on Graham, the smile says it all. Cograts mate.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Thanks Stu. I felt like a dog with two thingies! On holiday in the deep south next week but all I can think about is how quick I can get back on the Dove. That 12-pounder can't be far away!

S

Stuart Johnson

The 12 is there, its just got to be. No further rain forcast this week or the weekend. So Its now or when you get back from hob knobing. I'm sure you will get it before the end of season or you may get that near 14! Then you will be like a dog with two thingies but built like a shire horse.

P

Paul Williams

Congrats Graham.....i hear you have promised to buy a certain BIG eating Southerner a meal....you sure you can afford a holiday?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
A normal meal though, not one off his own menu where he gets two plates and a shovel.

P

Paul Williams

Two plates and a shovel?.....starters!
If you are fishing after i hope you have issued a storm warning!

D

Dave Johnson

kestrel here we come!!!!!!

you get your 'pudding'Sun night Paul......

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Thanks Fred.

Paul, it's the poor buggers we leave behind in the pub I feel sorry for. There'll be bodies strewn everywhere screaming for gas masks.

G

Gary Knowles

The best part of this story is, to me, not Grahams capture, (although that is obviously a superb fish). No, what to me stands out a mile is the fact that Dave and Graham repeatedly show when true fishing and indeed friendship is about. How many of us when on some fish invite our mate into our swim. I can honestly say me and the GE have done it on many occasions and when it pays off both off you get a tremendous buzz. I've even invited the old bugger marsden into my baited swims in the past, and seen Dave and Graham fish together on many occasions so I can vouch that Graham and Daves attitude and obvious friendship is what makes their captures so special.

So well done Graham but an equally big pat on the back to his buddy for being gracious enough to invite McWallet intohis swim....

and just for once I'm not going to finish the post with a sarcastic comment...

honest..

oh, go on then...my turn next Dave...mate...pal...

P

Paul Williams

I dunno about "invite" but Rik once mugged me of my rod and caught a bloody great redfin in my swim!!......next time i'll bite his b****x......thats if i'm wearing my running shoes!!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Ta Barney (did I really say that?)

Seriously (just for a sec) it's something that me and Dave just take for granted and don't think anything of it. If one of us is scoring well and the other is having a hard time we don't usually even wait to be asked but just go and share the fun. It's worked both ways for us on many, many occasions.

The trouble is we sometimes expect other people to be the same and get quite surprised when they let us know (often politely enough) they don't want company anywhere near them. I'm not saying they should be like me and Dave but I do know that how they feel is either through a lack of experience or they're just naturally selfish and can't help it.

Once you've been fishing for long enough you realise that friends should always come before fish. And in the end you'll get paid back in spades anyway.

And if you have a decent mate you get just as much fun seeing him catch a good fish, especially if you've done something to help him catch it.

If I take someone fishing with me on a water they can't fish as often as me, he or she gets first choice of swim. And if that person catches then it gives me a bigger kick than if it had been me.

If I want to compete I fish a match.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Yep I agree it's often better in a threesome...although now and again sometimes it's nice to go solo....er fishing that is....er, nice fish Graham...ahem. :eek:)

J

john conway

Congratulations Graham, beautiful fish, I hope one day that I can share that very contented feeling when I get one of the big Ribble Barbel?

S

Stuart Bullard

Nice one Graham.

And coming down on holiday in the "deep south". That must be just north of Birmingham for you then? Or is it even deeper? If so, bring your sun tan cream, floppy hats and flip flops. Its boiling down here!!