The Book of Eels

T

The Monk

The Book of Eels is a new book by Tom Fort, Harper/collins ?16.99 ISBN 000711592X, ecological/historic based study, reviewed in the current New Scientist by John Bonner or available by eel mail oh sorry email from collins direct

S

steve flook

mysterious name eh? "The Book Of Eels". Sounds just about right to describe the loonies who only appear at dusk, carrying ancient tackle and smelling a bit strange to say the least.
And talking of smelling a bit strange, , what self respecting eel angler hasnt, after an exceedingly good slime covered night, got home just in time to take the kids to school, then just pop to the shops, then wearily driven home, crawled out of the car and gone straight up to bed, only remembering about the wet nets and mat in the boot that has now festered in the swelltering heat of August and turned the car into a mobile fish market, just as he is getting back in it to pick his Missus and kids up.
Cant just be me, surely ?????

T

The Monk

yes paul, work and fishing dont really mix mate, you need to be a time bandit or find a combination of the two, the older I get, the more work I seem to take on and thus the longer I'm kept away from the banks, I really need to retire again!

P

Paul Williams

Monk,
I know exactly what you mean about taking on more work as you get older mate......i think i'm finally developing a conscence!......only gottta learn to spell it now ;)

F

Fred Bonney

To The Monk,would we still get the benifit of your input, if you retired,if not hard luck,keep working.
changing the subject
IS THE CLICKING GETTING ON OTHER PEOPLES NERVES???
or is it just me?

T

The Monk

dont know Fred, I'm not one of these here today gone tommorrow, I've usually gone the same day!, I'm working from home at the moment, sometimes I work from the bivvy, these laptops are a marvelous thing, rest assured though mate, you;ll still have the benefit of my input, but I may soon change the media in which its sent.

S

steve flook

Just listened to Keith Arthurs show on TalkSport and some guy was on there raving about this book so it looks like Im gonna go out and buy it. Good plug that Monk.

R

Ron Clay

"Carrying ancient tackle and smelling a bit strange."

That sounds like Ray Webb's ghost....}:eek:0