The day of judgement has arrived

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
This is it Graham, the day you officially join the ranks of the retired gentlemen. Good luck mate and I know its not goodbye but it is in a way

In the words of the Bard
Parting is such sweet sorrow
That we shall say goodbye, good luck
Today and beyond the morrow
For morrow, thou shalt be retired
In most deserved repose
No more vexed reports and tests
And no more...
... chalk dust up thy nose

An abundance of the very best in thy future
Verily, forsooth

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Thankyou lads (and old 'un:p). If I could write poetry I'd answer you in kind, but I can't, so thank god for smilies!;)

Sorry Peter.:wh

quickcedo

Reaction score
Mr Marsden, sir. Have I got confused, have I got my dates mixed up? Or are you really doing a runner before you hand over my nice new Carp rod and reel (guess the weight of the Carp). Still with all that spare time I suppose the old tackle will wear out quite quickly and you'll be keeping it for yourself!! All the best. Mark.

Windy

Reaction score
Judgement day ?
Get orrrrf... you seen that bliddin terminator thingy in Judgment day ? Indestructible, never gives up, never get rid of it, always there behind you..... 'tis an excellent metaphor for the incredible shrinking Marsden. Stickier than chewing gum.

I prodded the other 'arf in bed this morning but not a peep out of her, let alone a song :wh.

So I reckon he's not going to be fully retired unless and until the day Bibby is jumping up and down on the box lid as the usual suspects screw it down.

- THANK HEAVENS ! :D:D:D

Don't be a stranger Marsbar old lad, enjoy the extra fishing time and don't forget to post the odd photo of the unfeasibly enormous results to rub it in from time to time. And be careful as you balance your buttocks on the evergrowing Wallet as it swells with additional retirement funds. Have one and think of us :w We shall be thinking of you....

ps. That's my blimming rod and reel Mark T.... hands off !

Last edited:

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Mr Marsden, sir. Have I got confused, have I got my dates mixed up? Or are you really doing a runner before you hand over my nice new Carp rod and reel (guess the weight of the Carp). Still with all that spare time I suppose the old tackle will wear out quite quickly and you'll be keeping it for yourself!! All the best. Mark.

Don't worry, our Sofi at HQ is poised to declare the winner and hand out the prize.

And you're right, my tackle is nearly worn out.:wh

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

So I reckon he's not going to be fully retired unless and until the day Bibby is jumping up and down on the box lid as the usual suspects screw it down. - THANK HEAVENS ! Don't be a stranger Marsbar old lad, enjoy the extra fishing time and don't forget to post the odd photo of the unfeasibly enormous results to rub it in from time to time. And be careful as you balance your buttocks on the evergrowing Wallet as it swells with additional retirement funds. Have one and think of us We shall be thinking of you....

Thanks Windy, but I won't be a stranger and if any of 'those-who-need-to-be-kept-an-eye-on think I can't do anything about them from retirement they better think again!;)

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Just like to wish you well in your retirement, Graham. It can't have been easy trying to manage the tantrums and squabbles of the riff-raff on here for the past, what, 10 years?

You've done okay lad, but don't get carried away with thysen!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do next.

:w

Bob Roberts

Robert Woods

Reaction score
All the best for your retirement. You will have to show me how to catch on new rod...!!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Here's to a very happy and healthy long retirement.
Good luck Boss, go and enjoy yourself, you've earnt it......

Reaction score
Enjoy the retirement Guv'nor,

Hope to see you a few times when Spiders rents the old prison van and we pop down the home to take you, Ed and Uncle Dave out for some fresh air and a visit to the tea shoppe...(no crusts or sharp edges!)

Just make sure you behave ..the mods have your ISP number!!!

Thanks for everything you have done and initiated - and nobody really blames you for some of the friendships you've helped to create...well we don't blame you much....well ....its almost as much your fault as Gregs!

:w:w:w

S

Scott Whatmore

Have a good one Mr Marsbar.:w

Retirement is waking up in the morning with nothing to do and by bedtime having done only half of it. :D

preston96

Reaction score
Enjoy yourself mate.......in all ways.

Now you have retired you can send others up to the bar and pretend you have forgot your wallet.

well years of practice makes perfect! :wh

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Graham,
Congratulations on taking your life back, now you'll have time to fish more and post about it :)

All the best in your future targets and projects.

dezza

Reaction score
Have a great retirement Graham.

But I will not say goodbye, because I know you will be posting from time to time, and coming to a few of our fish-ins.

I will be organising another trout fishing fish-in at Press Manor this year. this time I think we will have a bit more tuition and fly dressing too.