tourer sites on the severn

D

dave mcnamara

any kind soul help out
looking for caravan tourer sites on the lower severn stretches possible with river frontage.
fish the riverside at bridgnorth which is spot on.
but looking for a change before the weather breaks
dave mac

J

Jack Pike

You be better off on the Warks Avon Dave I was camping last month hoping to fish the Severn we found it very difficult to find a campsite with fishing rights on the Severn I advise you to stay away from holts fleet its was very similar to the muppet show with a half ton of litter.Try this link http://www.wychavon.gov.uk gives a excellent list of campsites.

D

dave mcnamara

Thanks for the info Jack
Have tried to go down that wychavon site but can,t seem to find anything about campsites bit of a p.c dunce any tips
cheers Dave Mac

D

David Lyon

Look for mention of either the
Ketch or Seaborne Yacht Company.
Both tourer sites with easy access
to the river.

P

Paul Christie

Dave, which one is the riverside near Bridgenorth?
Do they take tents or is it just caravans, do you know?

D

dave mcnamara

Jack and Dave thanks for that info lad,s i,m off down there t/morrow i,ll look up the info later.
Paul the R/side is tourers only but they do have a static for hire don,t know the cost. there is a campsite on the opposite bank just a few 100 yds down seen some good barbel come out there
The r/side is just past the new bridge coming south out of bridgenorth on the a442
the campsite must be on the b4555
dave mac
p s just thought good c/site at montford bridge right on the banks the entrance to the site is the only pub in the place which is handy. Good food also Just built new shower and toilet block. Will try and root out names and phone numbers before i go away

S

stu black

Pub at Montford is The Old Swan tel 01743 850750 with 1 mile of fishing rights. about ?3 a day and a fiver for camping. decent toilet block etc.
i'd be interested to hear of a campsite in Bridgnorth, the only one i've ever been to there is stanmore hall and its run by the biggest bunch of ******* ******* ive ever met.

Also try Bush Farm@ Craven Arms 01588 66030 river fishing on site.

or westbrook park ludlow, its on the Teme and the fishing is good. 01584 711280

Stourport-on-severn.. Lickhill Manor Caravan Park on riverside 01299 822024

Malvern-riverside caravan park 01684 310475