fluff chuckers......

D

Dave Johnson

Very good Kev, but you missed the bit on sticking flies that you would never dream of using in your hat......to enable you to look down on mere 'coarse' fishermen you happen to meet on the bank........

and what about the carp guys who move onto fluff chucking....they have to have three matching rods available at all times with a floater, sinker and intermeadiate .....matching reels of course!!!!!

C

Cakey

Whats fleafisherman please ??

The Alternative Angler - 13/09/02 09:30:03 AM
Kevin Perkins, FM?s Alternative Angler, goes on the game to take a swipe at fleafisherman. What are you, a traditionalist or a fluff flinger?

CAKEY

D

Dave Johnson

thats the trouble with you Cakey-120mph everywhere in the gold rocket-no time to read aything.........LOL

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Dave

Sorry about the delay in replying, but I did an article about fly fishing attire a while ago:

Fly-fishermen have to wear a waistcoat that has seventy-four pockets. Now, I must have been seriously under-equipped whenever I have gone fly fishing, because there is no way I could find enough ‘bits’ to fill four pockets, let alone seventy four! What do they put in all those pockets, and more importantly, how do they remember where everything is? You can amuse yourself by going up to said fly fisherman and asking to borrow a length of 6x tippet, and seeing how many pockets he has to go through before he finds it. And can you please tell me what exactly is the point of sticking flies into your hat? Can’t be old flies that they don’t use any more. Everyone knows that when you have flogged the water into foam all day long without a sniff, you finally tie on the oldest, most moth-eaten fly in your box and immediately catch a huge fish (Well, that’s what happens in all the books I read!) So, they must be brand new flies. Now that’s a sensible way to spend your money, or are there fly patterns specifically tied to adorn hats?

And as to carp boys going fly-fishing, they won't catch much leaving their fly rods in pods for eight hours after casting out, they won't be able to cast 150 yards with a fly line, and how will they present a fly on a hair rig?

Regards