Does anybody fish the severn at atcham?

S

Steve Baker

I need some help fishin atcham, the area of the river controlled by lymm anglers as i fish there regulary and only had a few barbel to 7lb?

Any advice? my main methods are meat and pellets on a hair rig.

Thanks in advance Steve

C

Carp Angler

Prepare for the onslaught of replies as we had a fish-in on there this year.

7lb sounds about right though.

S

Steve Baker

The best time i had there was in august when i fished a week day, 10 barbel biggeat 7lb 6oz and 4 chub. Before this day the max i ever had was one barbel and a few chub, and no matter how hard i try i cant repeat this (for me this was a great day). Also is there any big barbel in the stretch as i would love to catch a biggy (8lb+). What were the results of the fish in that you mention and are u having one this year as i would love to watch (OOOEERR).

S

steve reeves

I too fish lymm anglers stretch at Atcham. My best days have been with Cambells meatballs, either whole or halved. put in plenty of hemp at the start.
I stay away from maggots and casters here because the numbers of minnows and tiny dace beggars belief.

D

Dave Johnson

WE HAVE HAD NUMEROUS MATCHES OVER THE YEARS AND i THINK THE BIGGEST BARBEL WAS 8LB . LOADS OF FISH IN THE 5-7LB BRACKET, BUT MY GUESS IS THE BETTER FISH ONLY COME OUT TO PLAY AT NIGHT-AN ALL TOO COMMON OBSERVATION ON A LOT OF RIVERS I FISH.fIELD 15 TENDS TO PRODUCE THE BEST LOOKING AT MY RECORDS.
REGARDS
CHUB

C

Carp Angler

Field 15 opposite the island.
Bang a feeder across the far side and hang on.

Hemp, pellet, caster, maggot.
It doesn't really matter.

David Preston

Reaction score
Hemp + pellets is certainly the bait in the daytime. We (Mike Fidler, my bro-in-law and myself) went back shorlty after the Fish-In and I had 12 barbel to about 5 lb in an afternoon, upstream a fair way from where we fished the fish-in.