Liverpudlians voted Nicest People in England

T

The Monk

It was on the news tonight, that according to a recent survey, Liverpudlians have taken number one place for being the most happiest, humourous and friendliest people in Britain,

your comments please?

S

Stuart Johnson

The survey was undertaken in Liverpool only as the East Lancs was closed.

E

Eric Hayes

They do like there fishing though(dey do dow don`t dey dow), and I have it on good authority that when they ain`t fishing the Ribble or Severn that they sit around a bucket in the living room shouting things like "don`t cheat on the meat" & "is der any lumps in der", and when bites dry up from the bucket they smash pallets and get a big fire going. then start nickin one-anothers pants.

serously though the ones I`ve met are sound, not as funny as old doddy but funny none the less

T

The Monk

Hi Gary. how are you mate, I'll call round for a brew next week, good to see you on line again, as you still catching!

T

The Monk

Actually I did a talk for the Carp Society Scouse branch a few years ago, what lovely lot of lads, a great laught and one of them bought us a pint (I've got a photo of the money changing hands), I have a great fondness for them, we still had 4 wheels on the car when we left!

G

Gary Leigh

nick
had plaster removed of my leg 2 weeks ago just started fishing the little boys pegs on ribble. cant get on mere until i can walk with laden wheelbarrow.

C

Cakey

Some nice people from Liverpool......................Owen.heskey,Dudek,Murphy,Hyypia,Henchoz,Carragher,Luzi,Hamann,Diarra,Biscan,Diomede,Riise,Gerrard,Heggam,Berger,Xavier,Baros,Smicer,and Babbel.

CAKEY

A

andrew jackson

I have been to a couple of the Mersyside meetings Monk, and as you say they are always good meetings. But the only reason you still have four wheels on your car, is that they hold the meetins in New Brighton. The scallys wont pay a quid to get under the tunnel. :eek:)

T

The Monk

Actually Andrew,this was in Liverpool, near the Pierhead? when Dave the Taxman was running things!

T

The Monk

Gary, Sorry to hear about your plaster mate, didnt know, has your new wife been giving you a hard time then?, call in next week mate.

Cakey, whats a nice Southern carpy like you doing knowing Liverpudlians?

T

The Monk

Andrew, the carp society had brances in both Liverpool and on the Wirral at one time I think? or am I getting confused? I have some lovely friends from the old Winsford Group who used to run these, some of them helped us start the Carp Society Political Wing under John Seal's Cairmanship, Genuinely lovely guys, excellent anglers who did much for the sport, many with good political insight, although they would argue their ancestry Ha ha.

D

Dave Dowson

Disagree with Cakey about nice scousers.
You not mentioned one there my mate.
Move over the park and you will find the best scousers in the land.
THE BLUE NOSES
E-V-E-R-T-0-N

R

Ron Clay

I'm looking for what is know as a Liverpudlian hat to keep me warm this winter. Its a balaclava with three holes in it. It's also standard head gear for Soweto muggers and drug pushers.

T

The Monk

Actually Ron, I can tell you a funny story about those balaclava's , I went in an army and navy store in Oldham once and ask the woman behind the counter, did she have any of the rapist masks, she give me a right bollocking and said they were called ski masks, ha ha! and the best part is, she would'nt sell me one!

R

Rupert Stephenson

sorry old son , but in a national servey Brummies were voted the countrys nicest people , and i aint one of them , coventry born and bred .

T

The Monk

Dont really know much about Brummies, they are them strange sounding chappies live in the south arnt they?

R

Rupert Stephenson

south ..bloody south is where all those jellied eel eating landaners live , we live in the midlands me old son, wash yer mouth out ...south be eker like