Maize Gluten

S

Steve Mead

Can any of you bait guru`s tell me if maize gluten is in any way connected with CSL.
Thanks
Steve.

C

Carp Angler

If you're talking pellets then anything you buy as CSL, the farmer will call maize gluten feed or maize gluten meal.

S

Steve Mead

This is a yellow powder that when mixed with water just turns the water yellow, the CLS pellets i have turn the water brown.

C

Carp Angler

There are many variations in CSL.
I would suggest that it's probably the same thing.

Variations on a theme and very good additives are:
corn steep liquor
maize gluten feed
Barley mill by products
or most products containing any of the words
corn, maize or gluten.

With it's ridiculously cheap prices, than you can experiment to find what is the best.

C

Cakey

Rik
Is it true that csl is "live" and should be kept cold ?

also when I first brought csl it had a small bottle of activator with it ,is it needed or is it another angling stitch up?

CAKEY

C

Carp Angler

Cakey,
true CSL still has active aminos which breathe and keeping them cold subdues this.
The Mainline CSL + Activator that you probably bought came in two parts.
Why, I don't know as I'm uncertain whether it is true CSL or some other organic liquid but utilising the well known and catchy name.

C

Cakey

Rik
its weird stuff,on friday I was working for a Greek who was trying to get me to eat these olive type things and telling me olives were good for me and that they grow penicillin on them, me being me didnt belive him and stuck penicillin into a search engine to see,the very first result was how penicillin can only be mass produced by adding csl to the growing tanks.

CAKEY

W

wayne mitchell

cakey i got some penicillin for you grown in spain see you on sat

C

Chrisx Ess

I hope you two aren't going to be driving after smoking your penicillin on Saturday!

A

andrew jackson

Rik I am 100% sure that I know what Mainlines csl is, and you are correct in saying that it is another organic liquid. A mixture of organic yeasts and a few other goodies. It is sold as a food product, and when it is fresh it isnt quite the same as the Mainline csl. Leave it on your shelf a little while and it changes coulour smell and consistency, and it is then exactly the same. Csl is just what it says, corn steep liquor, its the waste liquid from the soaking of maize prior to it being processed into maize products. Maize glutien is only connected in so much as they are both maize products.

D

Dave Rothery

I used to use marmite as a dip when i used grange a few years ago - as they say, full of yeasty goodness!!