3x3 holdalls

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Just ordered the Shimano one (I mean three) Vince, although I don't think theres much to choose between the lot of em. Go on, treat yourself!

C

Cakey

Go on, treat yourself!
Get the trakker ,mine carries 4 rods made up, two up, two down and 4 rods not made up it also carries my landing net,all this in the space of a 2 rod system.

CAKEY

D

David Whitmill

Are you talking 3 made up and 3 not or the big 3 up 3 down holdalls that carry 6 made up rods and everything except the kitchen sink!

D

David Whitmill

I use the 3 up 3 down Shimano XL which is very good. I bought this because the Badger equivalent didn't last one session, a metal buckle snapped halfway between moving from St Johns to Hardwick, Linear Fisheries, not good! Although to be fair they did refund me in full.

The smaller Badger holdalls maybe ok because they would have less strain on the straps/buckles etc. Apart from that I liked the Badger holdall - funnily enough!! It was very well padded and had useful extra pockets and other nice touches.

On the smaller 3x3 front I have an old Nash holdall which I've had for 10 years (it was second hand when I got it) and it's still going strong. I don't think his newer luggage it as good quality though as my mate could testify, he had problems with his rod holdall and rucksack the first few times out.

T

Tim Richardson

Safe at last, from flying trebles, tangley line, lumps of lead and pointy floats. Not to mention sharp bits of broken rod. I'll tell the Weath.

T

Tim Richardson

PS. I think that this could be a major contribution to fishing safety.........You know it makes sense

T

Tim Richardson

have a look at Stuarts thread "Yet another debate" you will find it interesting.

B

Buttocks Bullard

Had a Chub for 4 years - has room for 3 made up, 3 not, plus bags of room for nets, brolly, etc etc.

Solid as a rock. Only trouble is weight, so its not for long hikes!!

V

vince battams

Gone and got me a nash holdall, so this should please tim, it pleases me more for reasons i will not go into for fear of libel action.

C

Chris Betts

Got to say I needed a new rod bag/holdall this year as my Whychwood system setlect finally gave up the ghoast. I carry five made up rods, so that narrowed the feild some what. I bought a Nash Apache speed 5. Its brilliant, when the straps are pulled tight it is compact and well balanced so it feels quite light to carry. I know some people don't like Nash gear, but from my experience I can recomend this holdall.