Winter Clothing

M

Mike Cox

Fellow anglers,
I am intending to fish all the way through this Autumn and Winter in search of big Barbel. Does anyone know of or could anyone strongly recommend a thermal, waterproof all-in-one suit so that i don't freeze my B****cks off this winter. Price bracket ?100 - ?200.
Any replies will be thankfully received.
MIKE COX.

S

Shrek

I've got a Sundridge 2 piece. I know it's not what you want, but I am very impressed with it and am incredibly warm when wearing it. I would definitely take a look at their one piece range if I was in the frame for one.

You can also get some good deals from the mail order firms.

M

Mike Cox

Nice one mate,
Have you a website address or a contact number for the firm in which you purchased it off.
Any more info will be greatfully received.
MIKE COX.

S

Shrek

I got mine from my local tackle shop, Banks & Burr in Rugby. They have a website here and do quite good mail order deals.

Failing that, there are normally some tackle dealers advertising in the main fishing mags that would do you a good deal on an appropriate suit.

Hope this helps somewhat

Adrian

S

Shrek

Just to say, that is the correct link I posted. Just that sometimes it bombs out.

A

D

Dave Dowson

Guys
Are we talking the Minus 10 suits from Sundridge or just the normal suits they sell.
Looked in their brochure and the Minus 10`s look good.
?150 or there abouts are they good and worth that price.
Anyone know.
Tight lines
Dave

M

Mike Cox

Dave,
We're talking the minus 10 suits and i have to agree with you they do look good. I think that's what i'm going to go for as i already have the sundridge hot foot boots and can't fault them.
Tight lines.
Mike Cox.

B

Buttocks Bullard

Mike, I have the Sundridge 2 piece. However I now only use it for static fishing (night time now and piking in winter).

If you do any roving around then the Sundridge suits are more of a hinderance and you get really, really sweaty in them.

As a result I got kitted out from an army surplus store, for half the cost. Go for Dutch, German, or any Scandanavian issue. I got a light weight trouser and jacket for ?70. 100% waterproof and Gortex, and is much lighter.

M

Mike Cox

Thanks BB,
I'll have a look then before i jump into buying anything.

Mike Cox.

D

David Will

Mike think layers.A good start would be something like the sleepskin undersuit from Sundridge followed by a fleece followed by a jacket.You really would also be better off not getting a one piece , not flexible enough.You will find that it is easier to move around in a two piece and often just wearing the bib and brace with a fleece is enough.Make a decent hat and boots a priority too.These two things make all the difference.

M

Mike Cox

Dave,
I already have the HOT FOOT boots from Sundridge which i think should suffice. How much are the Sleepskin undersuits? and can you recommend any decent hats?
Tight lines.
MIKE COX.