Tackle Test

T

The Monk

Let me start the ball rolling;
While fishing on one of my local carp waters, 28 weeks in and I had ran out of food, walking down the bank I came across some junior anglers and borrowed a tin of Alfabetical soup from them. I was absolutely disgusted to find that by moving some of the letters about at the side of my plate, I found it possible to spell words like F**k, T*Ts and B****ks. The company who manufacture this product are a multi-national (a product which I would point out is aimed at the younger end of the market). Indeed any child with a basic understanding of the English language could quite easily string today an array of unsavoury and disgusting sentences, and I for one think the Government should act quickly on this one and call for an immediate ban.

T

Tony wainwright

What a load of C**P!!
You dont get asterisks in Alphabetical soup.
Of course,if you only "borrowed" it, when did you give it back then?

C

Chris Bishop

He's making it up. It's not even soup.

It's spaghetti shapes in tomato sauce, which just goes to show how much he knows about the Heinz range of tinned foods.

T

Tony wainwright

I'm surprised it stayed on the plate long enough for him to play scrabble with it!

D

Dave O'L

Mind you the cuisine is better this side of the channel, as on the other side you would have had a plate full of Fench letters!

T

The Monk

Who said it was Heinz Alfabetical soup Chris, smart arse, so its spaghetti shapes in tomato sauce is it, well mate I have it on good authority that it is indeed Alfabetical soup until they boil it, transport it all over the country and then throw it about in warehouses , aparently this tin was a limited edition for carp anglers, so there!?

Tony you've got me worried mate, if they were'nt astericks then what the F**k were they?
Yea Dave but I cant spell in French !

C

Chris Bishop

Sorry, I've checked this and aplhabet soup is a recipe you can make using either Alphabet Spaghetti (a la Heinz...) or dried alphabet pasta letters.

Alphabet Spaghetti is pasta shapes in sauce - a bit like spaghetti hoops, but different letters, not just 'o's.

T

The Monk

Let me clarify a point here Chris mate. The tin of Alfabetical Soup, I borrowed was the brand produced by the wellknown Spanish multi-national "Paco's Asoupa" for the British Export Market, the correct name for this particular soup type is Alfabetico Asoupa, I, however, took the liberty of writing the English translation for the benefit of Fishing Magic readers presuming not many member would understand the Spanish translation, OK!

Eat your heart out Heinz!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Ah is that Dave O'L I see before me, B****x I forgot to bad mouth you while you were off line:eek:) Good to see ya back, how are you?

T

The Monk

Do you mind Rodney, this is a special thread about Alfabetical soup?

P

Paul Williams

"Bad mouthing" probably has a very different meaning to Dave O!.......nice to see him back tho!
Monk,
You really really do need to go fishing mate!

L

Laurie Harper

You want to watch out for that Alphabet soup. It's got BSE in it (and AIDS...)

C

Chris Bishop

I have a mate who goes catting a lot in Spain. I'll run it past him.

Obviously a spanish alphabet pasta would have the same letters. Your problem would presumably come with soviet versions, which although cheap would feature the cyrillic alphabet, or anything from Greece, or countries where they speak yiddish, serbo-croat etc.

T

The Monk

OK Chris, you win mate, you obviously know your afabetical soups (its amazing what you learn on this site)

Paul, you are quite right mate, I've not been out for yonks, how do they gaff carp these days?

Laurie, so how come you havent joined the Ruffe Slappers Group then? and are me and Phil still RSG members

D

Dave O'L

My daughter has alfabetic soup but it must be braile, as she always has her fingers in it!
Hello peeps. What with work, family, waiting for new pc, I've occasionally looked in but been under pain of death if I spent too long on net & FM so.......?

Fishing - I'm glad u r all doing it cos up till past 2 weeks, for me, zilch. I thought I had cracked Sunday mornings but I have to take the girls swimming instead, Ahhhhhhh bugger.

Did manage to wet a line in W.Cork, deep sea, beach & Salmon fishing but not too much doing, lack of rain & dodgy wind from E.
Best thing was my 3 year old daughter caught her 1st fish, purposely fished for. Ok I baited up & cast but she caught & reeled it in. A 6 inch brownie out of a spate river. Her next words "I catch a big one now".

As for the net I troubled you all about, I ended up giving it to my mate in Eire for his Salmon fishing. Thought I'd buy a replacement when I got back but on arrival found out that the boiler had literally 'cracked up' & I needed a new one.
What do I need a net for anyway? Do u think I'll get chance to use it?
Hope you're all well?

K

Kevan Farmer

Good grief this is terrible. What do we let our children have??? But wait! they can also get pens and pencils and paper, shock horror!!!! These can be used to write the aforementioned bad words and worse still...they can draw pictures of rude things too!!!!

yours, firmly tongue in cheek,

Kevan ;-)

R

Rodney Wrestt

They tried removing the offencive letters once but the remaining ones just started to use phonetics to spell out the words, it really pssd me orf.