Lakes/Rivers

C

Chris Bentley

Any Info on Carp/Tench Waters in Ashford Kent Area + any Rivers for Barbel/Chub,as I have recently moved into the Area.

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

Living at Ashford you have a lot of good Carp and Tench fishing nearby.In Ashford you have the Ashford Working Mans Club Brick pit.A terrific little pond with a good head of large Carp and some medium sized Tench.The membership is limited and you must first join the Working Mans Club and then put your name down on the waiting list for a fishing permit.At Kingsnorth you have Charlie Rolfes fishery which has a specimen lake and a match lake.This is a commercial fishery allthough well established.Day tickets are available.Also opposite the "Quest" and "Batchelors" factories you have the famous Collingbrook.Home of 50lb+ Carp.This as well as many other very good Carp and Tench lakes nearby are run by the Chilham Mill Angling Club(Mid Kent Fisheries)The prices for this club vary a lot depending on which package you want.30mins drive away you have the large lake at Herons Park(Lydd Water Sports Centre)this belongs to Lydd Angling Club.Carp big Bream and Tench are on the cards here.A bit further down the road at Dungeness you have the Long Lakes a very good Tench water.This now also belongs to Lydd Angling(Day tickets are available for this one)There are many other smaller waters too.If you want membership details for any of the above contact me and I can give you the relevant contact numbers.