CSL Pellets

S

Steve Mead

Am i right in thinking a while ago someone said that CSL pellets could be bought as cattle feed at a fraction of the cost in tackle shops?
Steve.

C

Carp Angler

I think this has been answered on your other thread.
CSL pellets = Ewe nuts or sheep pellets or maize gluten straights.
Just check the ingredients list.

S

Steve Mead

sorry to seem dense but i bought some csl pellets from the tackle shop and they were a brown colour with a distingtive smell, my mate bought a 20 kg sack of maize glutin (which he was told was the same as csl pellets but in powder form ) this is yellow with no smell and cost ?18.00 a sack, i think we got the wrong stuff.
So what i am trying to do is
1.. make shure we get the right stuff next time.
2.. see if there is any use for what we have got.

Thanks for your patience
Steve.

C

Cakey

Dont know if this helps any one..............................Corn (maize) gluten feed = A commercial product from the wet milling of corn containing fibre, gluten, starch, and a small amount of oil.

Corn (maize) gluten meal = A commercial product from the wet milling of corn containing fibre, gluten, starch, and oil like gluten feed (above) but with a higher level of gluten.

Corn oil = A refined commercial vegetable oil based on the extract from the germ fraction of the genus Zea mays Linnaeus. Corn oil is predominantly mono-, di-, and triglycerides with only trace levels of free fatty acids. In contrast the oil or fat remaining in the starch is around 70% free fatty acids. Corn oil is a high value by-product of the corn wet milling process.

Corn steep liquor = The aqueous liquor from the steeping of corn which is concentrated at low temperature before supply to the customer. It is used as fermentation feedstock for the production of enzymes, yeast, polysaccharides, antibiotics etc. Corn steep liquor is an excellent source of lactic acid which accounts for about 25% of the solids content. Lactic acid is a suitable carbon source for fermentation microorganisms. In addition, corn steep liquor contains amino acids, peptides, proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, trace metals, minerals, and several complex growth factors.

CAKEY