who has caught the biggest carp on this forum

A

Andrew Thomas

Adam, let me be the first to say that size doesn't matter.

C

Carp Angler

and what purpose would this thread serve, how would it progress the art of carp fishing or how would it lend knowledge to those craving it?

A

adam Dorontic

sorry i only wanted to know what sizes to make sure i was catching the same kind of weight as you lot sorry

S

stu black

certainly wasn't me and most likely never will but the amount of enjoyment i get from trying to catch any fish is what keeps me going back and is worth more than a record.

C

Carp Angler

Adam,

firstly it's not a race or a numbers game.
You do it because you enjoy it.
When you stop enjoying it, then do something else.

If you're curious as to making sure you're fishing effectively on your venues, then you should see if you're catching as much as the others on YOUR venues.

Size is relative to your geographical location and your access to waters containing sizeable carp.

If the biggest fish you can aim for in your locale is 20lb, then catching upper doubles would be considered good angling.

If your lake contains 30's and 40's, then catching the same doubles would mean you need to assess your tactics.
I'm assuming you're not catching many 30's and 40's or else you wouldn't have posed the original question.

You'll find most of the contributors to this forum are very helpful (except The Monk and he's just odd and Northern) and will help or advise on most topics, except self gratification.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Sorry Adam, but I totally agree with Carp Anglers sentiments. (especially the bit about the monk!)

C

Carp Angler

what, you're sorry that you agree with me, or you're sorry that the Monk is odd?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Sorry Graham, although I couldn't see a place for that brain-dump article I did you last week, I now publicly demand you attach it to this thread. wot, wot, wot!

T

The Monk

Quite right too Carp Angler I am odd and Northern, Then again sometimes I'm Northern and Odd? you know mate thats the nicest thing anyones said to me all day!

Oh I've had a 62 lb Mirror by the way Adam, no I have'nt I,m lying!

A

andrew jackson

Dont take any notice Monk, sailing round lakes in the night wearing an habbit doesn't atomatically make you odd. Well not by northern standards it doesnt! :eek:)

T

The Monk

Frightend the shit out of a few of the guys though, sort of appearing out of the mist like that!

A

andrew jackson

Not to mention the lake owners Daughter in-law who was still talking about it 12 months on. She was genuinly frightened by your late night paddle around the lake. :eek:)

T

The Monk

Send her my deepest apologies Andrew, if she gets frightend again, tell her I'll come and keep her company!

C

Cakey

I just thought that if you was headless we would have to call you rabbi

T

The Monk

Oh thats a good one cakey Ha Ha Ha, whos your script writer then son?