Berkley Ironsilk

M

Major Major

I was impressed when I first bought it, by its feel and abrasion resistance and it seemed to knot OK (but not brilliantly) when brand new. I have used it a couple of times now and am having real problems getting it to knot well. I am using palomars or twice thro the eye grinners, with various numbers of turns, and at least 2 out of 3 of my knots part way below breaking strain.
Knots are far more consistent with other monos of similar diameter so what is going wrong??

C

Clive Evans

I've been using the 8lb strength for a month now, palomar or half-blood depending on hook size. caught over thirty doubles to 17+lb no breakages, and the only problem I experienced was a tendency to loop off the spool with slack line. It casts like a dream and has only minimal memory or stretch. And its a great price!
As you might expect, I'm pretty happy with it.Perhaps you were unlucky enough to buy a bad batch?

S

shaun rexworthy

i have not yet used this as a main line but did buy a small spool for hooklegnths no prob's with my knots five turn grinner.

shaun

S

stu black

was thinking of buying some but now i'll watch how this develops.

stu