French Rivers

T

Tony wainwright

My delightful better half has booked a farm cottage in Brittany next Jul/Aug.
Its in a place called Roscoff in an area called Finistere.
Does anyone know the area or can give me some guidance as to what fish can be found in French rivers?
The photo I have seen shows a slowish(I Think),mature river with plenty of vegetation, bushes etc on the banks and probably only about 40' wide.
I would presume that it would contain very similar species to UK rivers but I dont know where to look for info except for you Guys.

T

Tony wainwright

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the River runs through the farm land and there is at least a mile of banks (x2) with no fishing restrictions for residents.

T

The Monk

Mark Andrews is your man mate, I'll see if I can track him down!

T

Tony wainwright

Cheers Monk,I was beginning to think I'd been black balled !

T

The Monk

Dont worry about being black balled Tony, I get it all the time!
Actually Tony there is some excellent river fishing in France, I have friends who fish the Seine and have done exceptional with Barbel, Zander, Rudd and Carp, I think the Nase?Ide/ are in there also, I tend to get these species mixed up! Well worth a shot though mate, some areas have very little pressure. If you can get hold of copies of Carpe Media or similar mags, and can read french of course, you will get some indication of the river fishing. cCheck out the french fishing websites, some are translated!

C

Carp Angler

If you'd have checked the articles archives, you would have noticed one in there about fishing the Seine.
Here.

T

The Monk

Trouble with us anglers is that we dont read the instructions first, excellent feature Phil!

D

Dave Dowson

Tony
The only bit of advice i can give is dont let the wife drive she will keep getting lost over there.
You will be continually telling her where she went wrong and eventually.

Wait for it.

She will drive you in Seine :-}

Sorry guys dont know whats wrong with me of late.
Must be the thought of Autumn Barbel
Tight lines
Dave

T

Tony wainwright

Thanks for the advice fellas. I did check the archives but the Seine is a totally different type of river to the one I'll be fishing, it looks from the article photos to be about 1/2 mile wide compared to the 40' or so width of the river I'm on about!