bait company's

S

shaun rexworthy

i have noticed the increasing amount of foreign carp being used to advertise bait aimed at people in the uk. If you have a look at a bait company for example 'Nash' they are using big fat carp caught from france and belgium and other countries thriughout thr world. Most of these carp have been caught from easy commercial water's such as 'fishabil'<--just an example which you could probally do just aswell with a standard carp bait. I think when advertising there bait firm's in the uk they should advertise it with fish caught within the uk as uk water's tend to be harder than the average french water. 'True English carp' not foriegn fish.

has anyone else noticed this what do you think?

shaun

M

Major Major

Believe me - I know some of the anglers in the Nash advert and some of these carp have been caught from waters which are far from easy. Casein and some of the French rivers which have very low carp populations are the waters of choice for some of the French anglers concerned. I can't think of many English waters which would be a harder angling proposition than them!
Anyway what is wrong with using some foreign fish. Lots of English anglers go abroad these days and want to know what works well over there.

S

shaun rexworthy

i am not really saying there is anything wrong with it but i just don't see how they can advertise a bait in a English magazine with fish caught from abroad. And yes i know that not all the fish are caught from eaisy water's but i think you will find a lot of them are as it makes easy publisity.

shaun

D

Dave Rothery

....like Nash didn't use pictures of Terry Hearn abroad? You've got to remember that a lot of these are "generic" adverts that they use all over europe. And to be fair, if a bait catches a fish in france, it'll catch a fish in england(and anywhere else for that matter) Mug fish in France? Didn't our current record (a proper english carp at that) get caught on sweetcorn shaped plastic or maize the last couple of times? Nasbait a couple of times? Mainline a couple. What was the common denominator? Bloody good anglers!!

S

shaun rexworthy

yea i see your point's but still ost lake which people are fishing now have alot of pressure on them so a good bait help's.

Altough if you go to linear fisheries have a look around st john's on the weekend loadsa guy's mainly using trigga (another bait advertised using foreign fish) don't catch anything (maybe a few do) why well they have been lead to believe this 'trigga' bait is the best and have seen all the foreign big fish caught from easy wates and there hooked (excuse the pun) but the bait does not work so well when it comes into practise. I a not saying these bait's are poor/crap they are good bait's but people are lead to believe thing's that are well....not right...

shaun...

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
"Sorry Shaun - I'm having a real rant tonight!!", well knock be down with the monks jockstrap! Are you Dave? (Superb mate, keep it up)

Shaun I agree with you matey, also in the back of these mags, the adverts show largely chest weighted females (big hooters etc), now although I've never caught one of these, I've caught plenty from them!

T

The Monk

I thought my jock strap was one of the Northwests best kept secrets?

D

Dave Rothery

Easy lakes like Horton, yeah? Whats Del Smith using? Everyone blames the bait before looking at themselves. LeMans isn't easy. Nor is Lac Sur de Cassien. Or the Orient. Which bait isn't advertised with foreign bait (I use one that isn't really advertised!) Its a bit like the bit in carpworld this month, guy catches a few forties, two fifties and a 60+. "yeah, but its in france" - well you go do it!

D

Dave Rothery

I just read your other post- i think that the monk was trying to say that all our fish are imports!! though i might be wrong. an awful lot of dutch and german carp came into the country in the early 80's - where do you draw the line?

S

shaun rexworthy

yes i am not saying those lakes are easy but many of the lakes used in the publicity are easy lakes compared to average.

D

Dave Rothery

Sorry, i said monk and meant stu! must read it properly, or get my eyes tested (too many fishabil ads)

S

shaun rexworthy

well most of the carp in our country our foriegn as they are not a native species but that's not what i was posting in the first place.

S

shaun rexworthy

why advertise a bait in the uk eith foreign fish when there are more than enougth in this country that they can use.

D

Dave Rothery

Would you say that Benson (50+ Common) had any more merit than a French(from france-you know what i mean) 50+? At the end of the day, if Mainline were to say " we've got 10 people fishing lake x, but nobodys had a take yet" it wouldn't be a good advert would it? they are running business's after all

T

The Monk

Yes your right Dave, it was me, a lot of French carp are caught in the southwest!

S

shaun rexworthy

yes but if benson at 50+ was caught on it then surly more people would use it as it is a big well known fish in this country not another....and being we are fishing in this country and the bait is being advertised for uk residence.......!!!