Microcat Madness

M

Mike Lee

I was mid-session last week when my microcat upended with its bows pointing to the sky 180 yards out!
Luckily I was boating out a rig with the freebies and was able to reel it in.
When I lifted it out of the water, it was obvious that it had sprung a major leak.
I checked it out for damage but could only find one thing wrong...
The self adhesive pads that surround the hopper release mechanism had come unstuck and water was p***ing in.
I phoned up Angling Technics who quickly called me back on my mobile. Their expert advice was to superglue the sticky pad back to the hull.
I did as they suggested and the leak has gone.
Did I really pay ?625 for a boat that relies on two self adhesive sticky pads to stop it leaking like a sieve?
If you own a Microcat, I would suggest you check around the edges of the sticky pads for signs of adhesive degradation, I would go so far as putting glue around the edges anyway.
What the hell would I have done if I was only sending out freebies?
Shame really as the boat is very good otherwise.

T

The Monk

dont own a microcat, but thought I'd read it just for the hell of it!
I did use to have a kitten though?

Garry Procter

Reaction score
Monk,

When using your baitkitten, how did you stop it eating the freebies while it was swimming out with them? A particular problem with fishmeals...

S

steve flook

I once saw an irate mother swan attack and damage a microcat whilst fishing at Whelford a few years back. One of my funniest memories .

C

Cakey

What funny about that,I hope im there to see you break some thing you saved up hard for.

B

Buttocks Bullard

?625 for a radio controlled boat?!? My dad used to make radio control boats, I still have loads of them, he would have made about 5 for that price.........and yes, it would be easy to build opening flaps etc.

?625!!!!!!!

Gobsmacked Buttocks.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
CRAP, come on Buttocks, I'll buy one off you now ?625 divided by 5 = ?125. There you go, your first order, shall I pay the delivery?
Anyone else?

B

Buttocks Bullard

They would be no good as they are racers. I tell you, they go like the clappers.

Anyway, its not crap. IMHO it is another case of angling ripping us of, in the same way you pay ?30 for a Nash box, when almost exactly the same box in Focus is ?9.99!! Have you gone to a model shop and seen the prices of kit boats etc?? They aint ?625 Stu.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Stop backtracking Buttocks, get building! 'Talker's and Doo'ers'. I'll have a green one please......:)

It's all about what you are prepared to pay for products mate. I love mine, I use mine, it helps my fishing and will do even more so in the winer when the fish are holing up some 130 yards fro the bank.

B

Buttocks Bullard

I stress, my Dad built them, not me!! I dont doubt your enjoyment and use Stu, I cannot help but think they are massively overpriced though. I mean, its not as if they are that sophisticated.

D

Dave Dowson

Cakeys reply to Steve Flook is going too take some beating this year for the funniest reply.
Wiping all the coffee off the monitor now.
Classic Cakey pure class
Tight lines
Dave