when you go carping what is your ideal length tc and type of rod

A

adam Dorontic

and have any of you used a method feeder also was it better than normal feeders

D

Dave Rothery

Adam, without sounding nasty, try and read as much as possible on carp fishing. Magazines, books like "carp fever" or "to catch a carp" will clear(?) up so many of your questions. Do you know what a method feeder is? Why or When to use it? Forums like these can give you some pointers, but it would be better to just go to a lake, look for someone who looks like they know what they are doing, and ASK THEM if you can ask them question. If they say no, say thanks and move onto the next victim! Dont be pushy, and dont overstay your welcome, but it sounds like you need some really fundemental advice that it would take forever to explain on here!!

Good luck

A

adam Dorontic

sorry actually i am not thick i was just seeing what rods you use as i wanted to know also i know how to use a method feeder i just wanted to hear your opinion

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I have Adam, I still do sometimes, 12 foot, 2lb T/C, lovely action mate! I now use 2.75lb T/C at 12 foot.

I totally agree with you Dave about asking anglers whilst fishing, but I think Adam should continue asking all and any questions he has on this forum. I switched from General to carp some three years ago and although I probably pi55ed a few of the guys on here off from time to time with my inquisitive approach, this is where I really learnt to fish inside my head and kick-start my thinking and attitude towards my sport.
Ask away Adam, anything you want mate, as long as you can show you're learning, the guys on here will keep advising!

D

Dave Rothery

Whats a "normal" feeder? No one method(scuse the pun) is any better than another, you just have to use them at the right time

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Rik my darling - wot wot wot, would you show our Adam where the method links are wot wot wot, my dearest FM Moderator wot wot wot!

A

adam Dorontic

thanks stu as i am pretty new to carp fishing but i am learning as i know that there is no top bait also you and the monk are great advisers aned my rod is a shakspear mustang +carp 2 1/2 test curve

S

shaun rexworthy

my main carp set-up is a 3.5lb tc with a biomaster 7000. This work's for all situation's except floater fishing...!!!

A

adam Dorontic

thanks shaeun now i am learning wat rods are better for somethings than others also what poundage line do you use

D

Dave Rothery

I learnt by pissing them off!! For the record 13ft3lb Bruce Ashbys, and a 15yr old 11ft 2lb Hardy rod for stalking. I've also use dfrogs before adam, but only for pike!

T

The Monk

Adam, if you live in the Manchester area mate, you are more than welcome to call in for a brew mate, drop me an email, I think I need to have a chat with you, failing that I would really advise you to join the Carp Society!

T

The Monk

No Cakey, just think their a swell set of guys XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

C

Carp Angler

cough.........

Firstly I'll admit to having too much gear, but I've got rods to cover most situations and have sets in lengths of 11 and 12 foot and in TC's of 1 3/4, 2, 2 1/4 and 2 3/4 and I use the rods that I think will deal with the water and carp in question in the best way.

Method articles as requested.
Peter Webbers Method part 1
Part 2
Part 3
One by McMarsden

This one is on the problem page by Neil Wayte and you'll have to scroll down.
Neil Wayte

My own humble offering

T

The Monk

You can still call in for a brew though Adam!!!

eeer, bring your mother!

A

adam Dorontic

hey monk do you fish with a pod as i was thinking of getting a pod rod reel set from badger is this a good idea

T

The Monk

Dont ask me Adam, I'm not really convinced Carp Fishing was a good idea in the first place?