Slapper Worm

T

The Monk

I had to raise a wry smile this morning when reading the latest edition of the New Scientist, apparently a new virus is running through networking systems called a Slapper Worm. apparently Slapper Worm sets up a peer to peer network like Napster did, so that infected computers can launch a massed attack sometime in the future. Thousands of internet servers have already been infected, but for the moment, it is said to be spreading only slowly?

D

Dave Dowson

Hey Monk,
Just checked my calendar and it aint April 1st.
I believe the slapper worm bit but its the part about you reading the latest edition of the New Scientist that I find unbelieveable. :)
Tight line kidder
Dave

Garry Procter

Reaction score
Monk,

According to my copy of the Old Alchemist, a slapper worm is something quite different to what you describe!! Allegedly it's a secret bait known on only to the Society of Ruffe Slappers - a silent order I expect...

T

The Monk

Possibly Gary, but honest mate its true, page 11 New Scientist, 28th Sept 2002, Slapper Worm has arrived!

T

The Monk

Wow, thats incredible Cakey, I had no idea, I only picked it up in the magazine this morning, Cheers mate!

P

Phil Hackett

Are you being plagiarised? Now that is as novel as you reading a Scientific Journal.
Why break a habit of a lifetime? Why now?

I’m totally confused????? :):)

T

The Monk

Phils got a good point here, if I had'nt spend six years plagiarising my good mate, I wouldnt be were I am today? Mind you it did get me into journaism!

How are you buddy?

T

The Monk

Actually Phil, I'm surprised at you calling the New Scientist a Scientific Journal?, I think its about time we did this PhD mate!

C

Carp Angler

Rodders

after the URL" in your normal link put in a
target="_blank"

T

The Monk

Cheers Cakey, I've always wanted to know how you did that too!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Thanks Rik and Cakey, I've been trying to get it sussed out for ages.

R

Rodney Wrestt

hope this works......<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=4&UTN=4987&last=1&SP=324726704202456358210&V=1>NEW PAGE?="_blank"</a>

R

Rodney Wrestt

errr, nope

maybe this time,

<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=4&UTN=4987&last=1&SP=324726704202456358210&V=1>New Page?=_blank</a>