Animal rights lunacy story from the Sunday Times

preston96

Reaction score
That donkey has it's hoof up the fellas arse?

WOW!! Arse gets past the *******'s

Woody you are a

Donkey! :cool:

Last edited:

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
No - I think it can happen anywhere that a lawyer can see another method of creating more business for himself. This is not for donkeys and plants, it's for lawyers. Simples!

Tilman Bieselt

Reaction score
TheguywiththeDonkey said:
Goetschel is not making friends among fishermen, whose prey is these days protected under Swiss law on the basis that fish have feelings. Last week he was investigating complaints about a fisherman accused of playing fish on the line for an unnecessarily long time before landing them.

The law also bans “catch and release” fishing on the somewhat baffling grounds that it is cruel to catch the fish and then put them back — even though fish might prefer this to being whacked on the head.

That is the law we have in germany. It´s very sad, actually.

We have someone in our world of angling, who is researching the topic on releasing the fish and the consequences for the ecology of a water (for the better, that is).

Lets pray , that we can all catch and releasw legally in germany again, soon.

(although carp anglers are quite common in germany and we all practise catch and release for ages, as you do)

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Supposing this were to become law I wonder how long it would be before European lawyers saw this for what it is, a legal gravy train. Can you imagine the stupidity of a law that would prevent you killing slugs in your garden, mice and rats in your house and ultimately even prevent the killing of animals for food.

The lawyers would have a heyday finding the most obscure reasons for them to line their pockets but what is even more stupid is that there are those in high places that would simply agree to it, they did it with human rights law so why not with animal rights law?

jcp01

Reaction score
...and ultimately even prevent the killing of animals for food.

...there are the rights of vegetables to think of also...!

The people who are really behind the movement towards the total control of everything remotely connected with the handling of animals are actually vegans, but this is not yer archetypal anxious vegan twitching her way along the supermarket shelves searching for shreds of evidence of meat based product contamination in her daily intake of comestibles but rather she is a radical vegan anarchist (add a dash of feminism to taste) a particularly obnoxious breed of lifestyle evangelist who believes that her way of life, is the only way of life.

Luckily for everyone else their arguments are subject to Reductio ad absurdum, the law of philosophy and politics that states in this case that their relentless pursuit of animal rights leads inexorably to the pursuit of rights for all living things, and this process will continue until they have denied themselves the right to eat anything whatsoever, and thus, they die.

If you ever have to argue with one of these people directly then just casually mention their leather shoes...

Last edited:

Tilman Bieselt

Reaction score
And try to mention Insecticides, too. The vegetables and fruit they eat kills millions of insects (and their natural environment).

But the best thing to do with those people is run away from them (very fast), i don´t like these arguments anymore. It´s the fanatic mind in general that i am afraid of. It doesn´t matter if it´s a vegetarian or a political fanatic (the exceptions of the rule are fishing fanatics, i sometimes can smile about them, sometimes i pity them)

honslow

Reaction score
Tilman, are there serious efforts afoot in Germany to reintroduce catch and release? Is there any way I can follow it up? Cheers.

Richard Clay

Reaction score
Might have to stick to fishing on my Wii in the future - don't want the lawyers after me. The worlds gone mad !

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Might have to stick to fishing on my Wii in the future

What about all those poor defenceless electrons that you are seriously inconveniencing Mr Clay?

All you anglers are the same, only care about your own enjoyment and no consideration for anything else.

I'm contacting my Swiss lawyer as we speak!

[insert smiley thing > > > > HERE]

Well, its about as daft as the story line, isn't it?

stooby

Reaction score
there must be a place for these lawyers to go,
where they lock the door behind them , then laugh themselves sick
with how they get away with stuff like this and get paid very well for doing it

Tilman Bieselt

Reaction score
Tilman, are there serious efforts afoot in Germany to reintroduce catch and release? Is there any way I can follow it up? Cheers.

Hey Greg, here is a list of publications from Robert. You may have to search a bit, but i am sure you will find a bunch of publications to read through.

http://www.igb-berlin.de/abt4/mitarbeiter/arlinghaus/download/publicationlist.pdf

He also researched the amount of bait you have to put into a water to actually ruin it and it is much more, than even the heavy baiting carp anglers guessed it would be...

EDIT:

Attempts regarding the reintroduction of catch and release are being made, though in very subtle ways. At least the clubs can make exceptions, if they think that a certain species above a certain length is to be released.

But it´s all very very complicated and only time will tell, if we will be able to release our fish without having one foot in jail.

Last edited: