Unhooking mat problem

J

John Hawkins

Recently returned from a trip and left my Terry Eustace unhooking mat in the garage. The wife bless her noticed it was dirty so put it in the wash and hung it out to dry. Now I have an unhooking mat with a pile of scrumpled foam in the middle which refuses to flatten out and no padding around the edges. I wouldn't mind but I've only had it a couple of months and at about ?35-40 it wasn't cheap. I've heard that the bead filled mats are much better but as finances don't permit any ideas as to what to do with mine. If it is beyond repair any recommendations welcome as to a replacement.

B

Buttocks Bullard

John, cross your fingers, then go into the shop and say "look what has happened to my mat, should it do this?" Of course, not giving any previous with respect to rgood lady's washing episode.

As you say "bless her". Mine would have just chucked it out!

D

Dave Rothery

If they dont replace it, cut the seam open and fill with beads from a bean bag - you might need to put the in an old pillowcase/sack. Instant bead mat. I use a Nash one and they are excellent.

C

Chris Bishop

Every market in the country has a foam man, who cuts you off a chunk to order.

T

The Monk

She must love you mate, if she washes your unhooking mat, make sure you get one with a zip, dont trust velcro!

C

Carp Angler

Anthony,
I have a Quantum mat and they are undoubtably the best mat on the market, but I was led to believe that they are no longer available.
Do you know differently?

C

Cakey

John
use the wife as an unhooking mat until she buys you a new one.

T

The Monk

Last wife I used as an unhooking mate, she did a runner, not a good idea unless you want to do all your own cooking and ironing?
Wives are handy around the kitchen and for alternative recreational purposes!

J

John Hawkins

Thanks for the advice! She's not bad and she puts up with all my rubbish. As for using her as an unhooking mat I wouldn't even dare suggest it - it's easier to use the dog!

C

Cakey

I was only joking,everyone knows they dont make a wife that says still long enough to unhook a fish!

A

Anthony Coser

I,m not married,but if he takes girlfriends i,ve got a headwrecking one to offload.

S

stu black

Me too. She's just chucked out my fave fishing trousers cos they smell :((

R

Rodney Wrestt

Stu,
Doesn't she know you just can't buy them like that and it takes years to break 'em in?

T

The Monk

Sorry to here about that Stu, thats terrible, mine threw out me best pair of fishing underpants just because the elastic had gone in them, it took me years to get them looking like that and they were a family heir loom from me Grandad, been all ovwer the world with them on, they just could'nt give a hoot about us mate, leave her?

R

Rodney Wrestt

I would get my own back by wearing her best frock fishing....that'll teach her.