Where to go?

M

Mark Johnson

Myself and 3 others are wondering if anyone can suggest a place to go fishing in the south east of England. We have been using Tanyards just outside of Newick (sussex) since March and would like to go somewhere different for a change. I don't know of anywhere else that has such a diverse range of fishing, from tench lakes to Carp lakes, pike lakes and a very big specimen carp lake! Does anyone have any suggestions for the area?

Also we are thinking of going for a long weekend of fishing come next spring. Where are the best places to go in this country. We were thinking of going down to the south west. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

D

Dave Rothery

Stafford Moor near Dolton in North Devon has some decent day ticket fishing-nights allowed. dont be fooled by the "lake record 26lb mirror" that just about every lake in devon has!! Stafford has some cracking commons to 28+ and mirrors to 27+. mail me if you want some pics
http://www.staffordmoor.co.uk/ - you dont have to have a lodge, and those in lodges tend to fish the match lakes

C

Carp Angler

I have no direct experience of waters in your area, but I'm aware of the following which you may want to pursue.....

Wylands Farm - 01424 893394
Birch Farm - 01424 422094
Spring Wood - 01580 789525
Belfrey - 01323 442887

Dave's your best bet for waters down in-bred country.
Watch out for the locals though, most of them are called Billy-Bob and are very friendly with their cousins.

D

Dave Rothery

Yeah- visit Hartland. ever seen the film "Deliverance??" brothers the mothers lover and all that. bit like thanet!!