FISHINGmagic Nude Calendar

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Forward your names to this thread please.

Wendy, are you going to be on the calendar or are you going to choose the volunteers?

C

Carp Angler

I've just remembered all the toga photos from DDI... :eek:)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
If this calendar becomes a serious proposition then it'll have to be for charity. Nobody, but nobody, will buy it for pleasure.

Apart from those with a sick sense of humour.

Should do well.

R

Richard Drayson

No doubt there will be an accompanying message under each pic such as "Happiness is a rod in your hand" LOL.

BTW Did Wendy ever buy those PVC waders? ;-)

R

Ron Clay

It would be very nice to have a FM calendar, I would very much like to put it on my office wall. But let's have no nudes please.

Rather tastefull angling scenes NOT TROPHY SHOTS, and views of our beautiful waterways.

Again I will repeat NO NUDES FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!

R

Rodney Wrestt

So what are you saying Ron, you're not keen on what type of shots?

R

Ron Clay

I'm not keen on dumbing down this web site with nudes. We are not a trash newspaper who put them on page 3. And we see too many trophy shots in the angling press. No sour grapes here as I've got thousands of the bloody things. Lets see some top class photography in the shape of scenic and atmospherical pictures.

A

Andy Doughty

It would be a bloody good idea to do one with good clean pictures, but a nude one would be a laugh for charity!!!!

S

Shrek

Hey, if the W.I. can do it, don't see why we can't !!!!!!

Anyway, I doubt anyone would actually want to go full frontal, more discreet I would have thought. Also, it might but the dampers on any "sizeable" records we might attain to.

BTW Ron, do you actually have a sense of humour?

R

Ron Clay

Very much so Adrian. Page 3 in the Sun, The daily Star etc is fine. You can also by lots of girly mags at any newstand.

But not on a web site like FM.

Remember the Angling Press some years ago in the dark days of Higginbotham and Kelly. What did you get in AT. Trash journalism and occasional page 3 type photos.

The circulation was at it's worst. It's much better now under Richard Lee.

D

Dave Kennedy

think of all the sponsership you can get from the bait and tackle companies with a calender of anglers in their designer
tea-shirts promoting their favorite bait and tackle:)

amazing how all the pic's in the angling newspapers are of people in nice clean tea shirts advertising the lastest bait or the fav tackle manufacurer.

R

Ron Clay

You mean only in their tee shirts showing off their tackle.... :eek:)

T

Tony wainwright

Whilst I agree with the idea of a charity calendar,I think that the nude idea is a bit old hat.
We have to come up with a novel idea that hasnt been done before.It also has to have a novelty value that will get peoples interest and so make them buy it.
Ron, scenic views are not exactly uncommon in calendars are they?
How about, and this would be much more difficult, different views of fish? Not trophy shots but something a bit different.
Eg a photo of an FM member fighting a tail walking pike?
Maybe just a different view of fishing; Monk or Rik or Barney at first light on a freezing February morning, just emerging from the bivvy after a freezing blank night.
Can anyone take this idea a bit further?

T

The Monk

I havn't got a problem with sex and fishing as long as the angler is in full control of his rods (all of em), anything over 3 ft is obscene and disgusting?

T

The Monk

I think you'll find Ron has got a sense of humour, well hes got me as a mate for one!

T

The Monk

I really dont think you would want to see me emerging from the bivvy at first light Tony?