P.E.T.A. at it again

• Thread starter Kenneth Delaney
  • Start date
K

Kenneth Delaney

Looks like PETA are giving fishing a break for a while up here.
Newspaper report this morning that they are going to be picketing schools Primary and Secondary to try to get kids to stop drinking milk.
Say it's cruel to the cows and causes health problems.
Newspaper ripping the "fanatics" to bits as well as health authorities etc.
More of this please. :-}

T

The Monk

I think you'll find PETA, like many of the anti's, are negotiable, whatever casn hit the headlines?

J

Joe King

We all got stirred up last year during the 'hooked dog' campaign and feared the worst after reports of multi million pound funding for this group.
It came to nothing at the time, Peta'd out you might say and although I don't say we've nothing to fear from these people, i think the general public can see through cranks like this.
In all the time i,ve been fishing i,ve never been unfortunate enough to come across an anti on the bank. In fact most people seem interested, especially if as they pass by i,m lucky enough to be landing a good fish, and the rest are indifferent and probably think we're mad.

L

Laurie Harper

Never mind milk. They should be trying to get drinking water banned. It's cruel to all the micro-organisms that live in it. The poor little blighters are condemned to die an agonising death, being dissolved by those nasty digestive enzymes in our stomachs. Diabolical.

S

Steve Baker

I would love to know what they think would happen to all the cows that produce this milk if it were banned! Suppose they would just carry on in the fields and die of old age!

NOT!

J

Jon Moores

Steve - Of course they would. Peta would adopt them all as pets and the pigs we won't need because bacon is banned will be used to provide environmentally friendly air travel!

T

The Monk

If anyone wants to find out more about the anti angling organisations, then please log onto the SAA website

EEEr do that thing you do Mr Carp Angler please?

J

Joe King

Peta would adopt them all as pets

No they would'nt another one of Peta's aims is to abolish the keeping of pets,
Don't know were all the cats and dogs are gonna go.

C

Chris Burt

TO KENNETH DELANEY
I'd love to see the full details of the Peta "anti-milk" campaign, could you do me the favour of e-mailing me with what you know please? Sounds to be someting I can use. The SAA address of Info@saauk.org will get through to me......thanks in anticipation!

K

Kenneth Delaney

Sent the info via here Chris, sorry mate didn't see the address you added.

R

Ron Clay

Blow the micro-organisms, what about the plants and grasses.

Vegans are the worst, consuming all those lovely pieces of lettuce and celery that once had a life. And think of all the death and agony you cause whenever you walk on a lawn or climb a tree.

It's about time we could produce food that was totally inorganic and not derived from anything that has ever lived!! ;o]

K

Kenneth Delaney

Ron we have, you get it on every airline you ever travel with. ;-}

T

The Monk

Nice to see you on line Chris, keep up the excellent work mate!

J

joe foxall

ron your thinkin of the vegatarians mate, a true vegan will only eat from fruit bearin trees etc as to avoid killin anything. its the vegies who r the hypacrites,
no offfence ment

T

The Monk

there are actually a lot of Vegans involved with the anti angling movement, and a lot of them are quite genuine people!

J

joe foxall

prob is monk, but vegans and veggies are 2 different groups, and the only problems ive had with people telling the usual crap about fishin s the vegitarians, not the vegans.
as i said vegitarians are hypacrites