King Koi?

S

stephen Leak

If you could fish a water that holds Koi Carp over 80lb how much would you pay for the privelage? What if I told you it was free fishing except for a rod licence and if you fished there for a month you would be unlucky to see 2 other anglers....wanna know more (how big is the world record carp?????)

S

stephen Leak

The only problem with this water..if any bailiffs are around when you hook up you have to kill all carp......$100,000 fine for having a live koi in your possesion

T

The Monk

New Zealand, I've seen some of the lakes, a though the Mows used these as sacret waters ?

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Sorry I changed my name just so you would know where the waters are..........or you should do!!!

No I do not kill them, at a considerable risk! I tend to fish the quiet spots or at least in spots where the sneaky Fish and Game bailiffs cant sneak up on you. To go with the fine all your gear is confiscated and this includes vehicle as this is seen as equipment to arrive at the venue!!!

I have taken a few smaller koi for bait they make excellent sea baits, the Mako's seem to love em, but fish under 10lb are just a nuisance!!!! and there are literally thousands of em swimmin around a killing off waters (we also use Rudd for Snapper)

As for why have bailiffs they are there for the hunters too more of a wildlife warden than a bailiff as you would know it!!!

Kia Ora the Kiwi Carper.

C

Carp Angler

Steve,

have you always lived in NZ or were you originally from the UK?

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Kia Ora

I am originally from the UK, thats where I caught the specimen bug, I wont say I'm a dedicated carper more of a dedicated specimen hunter, we get freshwater eels up to 100lb here too!!!! I am from Manchester so cut my teeth on places like sale Marina, Chorlton Water Park, Roman Lakes Capesthorne etc etc but I then lived down south so speant a lot of time on Broadlands, Orchid, Throop, Thames etc etc then I moved to Scotland and the carp are a bit thin on the ground one day they will see a 30 + so I then got into Pike Lomond was only 5 mins from where I lived so treated myself to a boat and had some nice fish 36lb 7oz my biggest but was probably carrying 10lb of spawn like all the big fish caught in there now so maybe a high 20 when she was fighting fit, size has really become an irrelevance to me now I take each water as it comes and try to target what is available, I know I mentioned 80lb koi but not all our waters are brimming with fish this size on some a 20 would be a specimen its more about being there now, anyway enough of war and peace.

I am looking a starting a web site for anyone interested in coming to the "other" down under for a fishing break so watch this space. Apart from the airfare it is really cheap when you get here, bait is basic stuff and cost of living is a joke when you are spending brit pounds.....1500pounds for a serious shot at a world record?????? on a lake to yourself??? not a bad investment if you are that way inclined.....

Kia Ora the Kiwi Carper