Poor old Keith Arthur

D

David Will

I was tuned into Keith Arthurs fishing show on Talksport radio on Saturday whilst on the way to the Thames. The poor bloke spent most of the show batting off various nutters who were definatley part of an organised effort to discredit the sport.I thought Keith did his upmost and if he looks in on this site I for one take my hat off. What I would suggest though is that a few of us ring the show next weekend just to help the bloke out , I can see the show going down the pan if it continues as it did this Saturday.Talk sport is the Station 1089 medium wave.0600 to 0800 hours.

D

Dave Johnson

yeah, I caught that as well David.

thoiugh he did well enough to fend them off-an his callers are screend beforehand so I understand.

He could have done with Mike ****en alongside him!!!!!

B

Brian Lewis

Sorry to hear that. Keith comes across as a really nice bloke and I think he does a good show.

Didn't hear the show this weekend but I'm sure Keith gave a good account of himself in support of our pastime.

S

steve flook

Cannot believe this happened on the one weekend I wasnt listening to him in work. Would have definately rung in to help Keith. He does a great show. I`d taken a sickie to go fishing. Ive been reading up on a website called Moonstrike by a guy called Chris Lyons who really seems to know what hes saying, and he`d forecast excellent fishing Sat/Sun so i was off like a flash. ps If anyone else listens to Talk sport, do you listen to Hawksbee and Jacobs in the afternoon where they take the piss out of my mate Clive Vedmore, who used to manage the Welsh Shore Team, and now manages Garry Evans Tackle in Newport. He does the areas prospects for Keiths show and one morning instead of saying "hi" he said "pie" ?? They just replay it over and over and Clive really hates it. Says they dont pay me for that shouldnt be using it. Bit of a tightwad is Clive, try getting a good deal out of him.

D

Dave Johnson

"Chris Lyons who really seems to know what hes saying"

'seems'...now there's a funny word

R

Richard Barrell

I listen to keith's show every Sat/Sun. And he did the angling world a good service by let those caller's rant & rave; and then proofing that, all their so called evidence is nothing but their own imargination or packs of lies and half truths!

I say keep up the good work Keith

I

ian jay

Dave,

'seems'...now there's a funny word

Not really. It can be useful to use when we wish to differentiate from what one purports to know, and what one believes.

Of course, this is not a forum to discuss the philosophical work of Wittgenstein, so I have kept the answer brief ;-)

J

Joe King

I used to be a werewolf but i,m alright noooooooooowwwwwwwwww.

Yeah well done to Keith.
Did anybody see also, Tightlines last week.
'Also' thats a funny word Dave.
Some guy phoned in to complain about the local council invoking an old local by-law to prevent fishing in public parks, where this guys club were gonna be fishing a match in a couple of weeks.
Keith invited himself down to fish the match and put himself in the front line to put the issue to the test.
Well Done Keith.