NOVEMBER = Big Fish Month!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
So is it true? Would you say November see’s a different class of carp? I know Mr. Carp is getting ready to stock up on additional body fat for the winter, but in your opinion would you say November is the contender month? What Winter month works best for you?

M

Mark Johnson

Stu,

All i can say is this month has definately been the worst so far! 2 fishing trips and 4 lousy 2lb tench, and 1 3lb mirror! Certainly not a record breaking month as yet! Fingers crossed next month will be better!

Saying that, a lad on the same lake as me on saturday, caught a nice 16 pounder! He was chuffed to bits (PB). It was the only one to come out all day though!

I did read in a magazine though that march and April are the best months for catching, i think its a bit of a cheat then as most fish are spawning so would be carrying extra weight, but this was apparently the idea!

D

David Will

It used to be September but it shows how the seasons have slipped round.

D

Dave Rothery

I prefer december. jan/feb's normally crap, start of march can be really good, april to june reaally good. for me anyway.

A

andrew jackson

All the fish in my local are at there top weight NOW

A

andrew jackson

Not me, I did a night with My mate phil and he nailed walnut at an all time high of 30lb 7oz
Oh how we laughed. :eek:)

T

The Monk

Nice fish Andrew, well done mate, an English 30 is still a big fish to me, I hope the kids dont start going displacent about 30's like they have with 20's. A 10 lb fish used to be a big fish to many, its a great shame how things have changed?

T

The Monk

Oh sorry Andrew I've just put my glasses on and noticed its your mate who's caught the 30, well well done to Phil, excellent fish!

T

Tony wainwright

I agree Monk, If I caught a 20 in Uk (especially up North),I'd be orgasmic!!

T

The Monk

Yes Tony, a twenty pound carp is still a fish which peole chase in the northwest, I hope people dont lose sight of that like they did with the double (anything over 10LBs)I spent many years trying to find a water that held doubles let alone catch one!

S

Stormin' Norman

Yet to catch an English thirty, I'm going to try a bit harder next year. In my opinion it's still a serious land mark in an anglers life, see smile to the right if you don't believe me!

T

The Monk

Oh it is Mr Norman, all my thirties have been from Europe, I've never had an English one and the lads only had two, it is a hell of a landmark as far as I'm concerned and i hope it stays that way, but I suspect it wont?