River Levels

J

John Lane

Is there a website anywhere giving current river level information? I know you can get the information by phone, albeit at only 24 hour intervals (at least for the Trent and its tributaries), but in this hi-tech age I would have thought that an online version would be available by now, with updates every 6 hours or so. Or am I being overly optimistic?
If there isn't an online service, what about a page on FM where members of this list could post levels after each trip?

R

Richard Drayson

Hi John,
The only website I know of detailing current river levels is the Environment Agency site which is more of a flood warning service.
Take a look at the Venue Reports section of this forum for the latest info from FM members.

J

John McLaren

John, no there isn't a website - the EA make too much money out of the premium rate BT line that is available. Very useful info if you get the timing right but a costly waste of time on some occasions! For example sometimes they miss a posting and often the posting is made sometime after readings are taken so it could be 24 hours and more out, that is a heck of a lot on fast rising and falling rivers like the Ribble