What chance do we stand?

M

Mike Lee

Imagine the scene... tucked up in the bag, dog asleep on the feet, dreams of carp to 'Cakey proportions' gently floating through the dark, dark night(nice one mate, by the way!!) .
Then a single bleep, one eye opens, then a screamer, a single toner, the get out of bed in a hurry and tw@ it real good, kinda run.
It's p**sing down with rain, mud squelches through my toes, I'm soaking wet but I don't care, an unknown whacker has picked up one of my carefully placed baits.
I wind down and strike.... nothing there, the fish must have turned and is running towards me... I wind the Tournament's handle in a frenzy and catch up with the whacker.. Another strike to properly set the hook... Lump, lump. lump, flap, flap, flap, "QUACK, QUACK, QUAAACK!"
Two minutes later and the duck has been sucessfully landed, the barbless hook carefully removed and said duck released, apparently none the worse for wear.
Leaving one very wet, very muddy and very cold Mikeyboy scratching has bald head wondering why the hell we do it?
Answers on a postcard please to Mike "Tufty in the dark" Lee.
That was the 'highlight' of a three day session. Is it my imagination or is it tough going at the moment? (Cakey excepted - he's a star!)
Anyone else shared this less then pleasant duck in the dark experience?

I

ian jay

Not only do I enjoy crispy fried duck, but I also have the recipe!

R

Robert Woods

I met my first Banana Skin eating duck last time I was fishing.It was larger than mallards...must be well fed on the pellets we throw in.

R

Richard Baker

How deep was the water where the bait was placed.

Rich

S

Shrek

Think we could have another Ducking convert here.

What say you Mr Dennis?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Not sure Adrian....as you know from the last commitee meeting, the members are becoming ducked off with new additions and I'm not up for ruffling more feathers! (ooer sorry mate!)

C

Cakey

Mike
It happens to me to,normally just as Im nodding off just to ensure a heart attack.

CAKEY ARCC

M

Mike Lee

The bait was in 6 feet of water Rich so well within duck diving quackabilities.
One little part of the story that I forgot to relate, was that when I released said feathered fiend, Dennis The Carp Dog launched himself off the fallen tree that I was fishing over in a vain attempt to have the duck for himself. Imagine my hilarity as Dennis hit the water on top of the remaining three lines, setting all buzzers of simulataneously. Oh how I laughed...

D

Dave Silvers

Hmmmm

Laser pens,

Let me think now,

Were'nt they made illegal,

Something do do with blinding airline pilots.

D

Dave Silvers

Anyway who the duck carries a laser pen in their fishing tackle,

I

ian jay

Whilst we are off topic:

Stewart gets a job with the railway service. His job is to clear the leaves off the railway track.

At the end of his first week he goes into the pub to meet his mates. They ask him how the job is going.

"Well", he explains, "It's great! The other day I was sweeping all the leaves away and I found a woman tied to the tracks. I untied her and took her home, and we made love all night- missionary, doggy style, her on top, 69, oral, EVERYTHING! It was fantastic!"
"You lucky bastard !", said his buddy, "Was she good looking?"

"I dont know", says the guy, "I couldn't find her head".

T

The Monk

The new lazer pens are now back in the lecture theatres, apparently they are now safe to use.

Never tried them on ducks though.

must come clean on this one, a mate of mine, no names, used to roll crushed asprins up in bread and feed it to the ducks, it knocked them out while he got the bait out, didnt stop them diving though after they woke up!

C

Carp Angler

Monk,
sorry to be a pedant again, but I thought you were an educated man........

Laser is an acronym and since when has 'stimulated' been spelt with a 'Z'?

T

The Monk

Mwa educated Carp Angler, you cannot be serious, If I learned anything at University it was the location of the Students Union Bar!

Anyway they spell Laser with a Z in my new Star Wars book?

C

Cakey

Soak chum mixer in night nurse then feed the ducks ,they will sleep the rest of the day (a ledge gid lee).