Beautiful Day

D

Dave Johnson

Got up early this morning, took the little lad for his swimming lesson, Mc Donalds for breakfast, back home for eleven, load the car up and away for the day.
Deliberately left the barbel gear at home and took the chub gear to a little tributary of the Dove, Sutton Brook.
Cracking day today, bit bright, but it was a pleasure to walk up this fantastic bit of water.
Started on the pin, trotted bread flake and of course, old rubber lips was waiting....
Half a dozen chub later, and a good mile of river covered and time to work my way back , but on the tip.
One plucky 3lber obliged me again on the way back, same little hole and equally as effective in finding the same snags....
Got back to the car just as Wolves fluked their first, thought about texting Brummy, but opted to order a big steak for tea with only a tad of battery life on the moby.
A dozen or so nice chub, not huge, averaging 3lbs or so, but great fun-roll on those crisp winter mornings........

B

Bob Watson

Serious thread EH Dave!
Think you're getting away with it?
Gimme 5

B

Bob Watson

OOps sorry! wrong Dave.
Walks away holding head in hands... DOH!!!

B

Bob Watson

On a more serious note Dave, Does the young un' never fancy going fihing with you after Macdees?

D

Dave Johnson

dont worry, its late,bladder full of ale an all that.......:eek:)

D

Dave Johnson

erm yes Hes only 4, and he has to be able to swim first so his mum says.....needless to say, he's had carp to 6lb and a couple of sessions on the Dove already...

B

Bob Watson

Great stuff Dave, start em young I say, carry on where we leave off.
My grandson is 16 month, and as your wife so correctly insists on, will be fishing with me as soon as he can swim.

P

Paul Williams

Don't worry DJ, i emailed you....pride of Staffs!!......Bootiful day???i reckon you are turning soft, i warned you about that shape of saddle on your bike didn't i!

D

Dave Johnson

The premiership was just starting as I typed the thread Paul, thats why it got the U2 title....