Winter Sessions.

M

Malcolm Bason

With the winter months and prolonged periods of darkness that accompany them, what do you do to while away those hours waiting for that, more often than not, elusive bite?

Me, I usually take along a book and drink more tea than beer - but invariably end up asleep much earlier than during the lighter months.

Even when fishing with mates, the same pattern is followed.

So, come on - what do you get up to?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Having three young kids and getting away for an overnighter, its wonderful bliss to get settles in the bivvy about 8pm and pass out. I'll normally take a tiny tv which hels pass the time. But when the fish aint biting, I'm catching up on sleep.

T

The Monk

malcome, I usually read, watch telly or log into fishing magic, alternatively take a woman along, "In bivvy" entertainment at its best!

C

Cakey

You lazy gits, you should be out there looking for bubbles etc and listening for crash outs ,mind you extra sleep does sound like a good idea.

M

Malcolm Bason

"take a woman along, "In bivvy" entertainment at its best!"

......... Now I like the sound of that Monk, any recommendations - I don't mind a drive up to the Manchester area! LOL

R

Rodney Wrestt

Yeah, get one with extra padding for the colder nights.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
interesting post cakey, for one who sleeps most and struggles to react to buzzers when his own radio's too loud! When we out next anyway old timer?

C

Cakey

Im hoping for a long weekend in France in the beginning of Nov ,COMING??????

A

andrew jackson

I tend to watch the water, and listen for fish crashing weather permitting. If its throwing it down, I tend to get into my sleeping bag and listen to the radio. I also sleep a lot more during the long nights of winter.

M

Malcolm Bason

ha ha, did'nt realise I'd have to pay for the entertainment?

P

Paul Williams

Malc.....you go up there and you will be paying big time.....well for at least 6 weeks of penacillin!
What do i do in winter?.....i roach or perch fish on all those waters you carpys have deserted!

T

The Monk

Nothings free in Manchester mate and you'll need more than penicilling these days, long gone are the glorious days of St Lukes, jab up each cheek and no novilties for 12 weeks!

Like me perch in winter Paul, lovely fish mate!