Searching for David Humphries

Dom Andrew

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know what has happened to David Humphries of "Bespoke Tackle"?
He has a paid for commissioned rod of mine.
I e-mailed him eleven days ago but, have not received a reply.
Also his phone is disconnected.

Any information will be appreciated.

Dom.

quickcedo

Reaction score
Do you know where he is based?, if so there must be a member who lives nearby who could drop in for you.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score

Contact, Payment & Postage
Bespoke Tackle Logo
Contact David Humphries

There are a number of ways in which you can contact me, here are the details below;

Telephone: 07977194570 (Please leave a message if unavailable)

Email: bespoke_tackle@hotmail.co.uk (This is checked daily and I will answer your enquiry swiftly)

Payment: Payment is accepted via cheque, postal order or Paypal.

Postage: All products are subject to a delivery charge. Depending on what the item/s is, it will be sent via Royal Mail or a suitable courier. Postage prices are kept to a bare minimum.

That's all the info there is on his site and the phone number tells you nothing as it's a mobile. Had it been a land line I could have told you the general area within a square mile or so.

Looks like he has done a runner, but do you remember anything of his whereabouts?

Dom Andrew

Reaction score
Do you know where he is based?, if so there must be a member who lives nearby who could drop in for you.

Hi,

Yes, He lives at ...(I thought it best to edit out his address, due to it being private.)... at least that is where I sent the cheque to.

I wasn't really thingking in terms of him having done a runner but, more along the lines of him having had an accident or something. The last time he e-mailed me was just before Christmas to say the rod was finished and that he would bung in a few free floats for having waited so long (more than a year now).

The only other thing I know about him is, is that he told me he was a teacher so, any of you school kids out there who know of a teacher called Humphries who's into fishing....

Coalbrookdale looks like a small place on google satellite view but, it does have a couple of pubs. I just might go down there and make enquiries, when I have the time for I live in Oxfordshire, and I havn't a car.

Dom

Last edited:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I wasn't really thingking in terms of him having done a runner but, more along the lines of him having had an accident or something. The last time he e-mailed me was just before Christmas to say the rod was finished and that he would bung in a few free floats for having waited so long (more than a year now).
Yes, that's always a possibility. Keep trying his phone or even better - write to him again and send it Recorded Delivery!

That way, if he's moved and the PO can't deliver, you'll get it back and have a better idea, even if it is disappointing.

quickcedo

Reaction score
With all the members of FM someone must live near enough to go knock on the door. I also live in Oxford otherwise would gladly help. Try a thread "can anyone help in coalbrookdale"

Dom Andrew

Reaction score
I know that area .....don't hold your breath
Did you do the deal in a carpark....

Hi Slime,

No, the deal was done via e-mail. It started off all innocently with me ordering some floats, as advetised on his website. After I received the floats, and because he knew of my interest in cane rods, he offered to do up an old cane rod for me. The rod does exist for he e-mailed some photos of it in its pre-restoration stage.

Dom.

A pint sounds a great idea.

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

Hi Wolfman, Hi Mark t,

That's a good idea, I'll send him a letter Recorded Delivery.

I've just phone directory enquiries, wondering if he might have a landline and, he does but, they said it was x-directory. At least I know that he lives, or lived, at the address I sent the cheque to.

I'll also try what you suggested, Mark, starting a thread "can anyone help in Coalbrookdale".

Thanks everyone,
Dom.

Dom Andrew

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

If you've been following the other thread 'Can anyone help in Coalbrookdale', then you'll know all is well.

Dave has e-mailed me with some photos of the finished rod, which looks brilliant and is beeing sent to my works address.

If you are reading this Dave, for I know you are a member, I'm sorry for having plastered your home address all over the internet, but I was worried. My apologies.

Dom.