How to rewaterproof my one piece suit

J

Jack Pike

I just wondering whats the best way to re waterproof my one piece suit it is a bob church one but the trouble is it is a wax matieral and my wife wants to wash it in the washing machine but i said no at the moment in case it completely de-wax it any anwsers?

E

EC

With some garments you add the reproofing agent when you wash them simply by adding to the washing machine like you would washing powder or liquid! With others you can spray it on, or even send it back to be reproofed. Give the manufacturers a call and see what they suggest!

S

Sean Meeghan

Jack

You can have wax cotton rewaxed. try giving Bob Church a ring they may well offer the service. Alternatively you can try it yourself. You can buy the stuff for doing it yourself (try horsey shops) but I'd only recommend it for small areas like the shoulders or inside legs where the main wear occurs.

Never wash wax cotton garments in a washing machine. Sponge any mess like fish slime off the lining and cuffs.

J

Jack Pike

I may buy some light waterproofs to slip over the suit i like the suit it keeps me really warm but it can be cumbersome at times.

T

Tony wainwright

Jack,
I have always used masonry waterproofing on my waterproofs. Something like that produced by Thompson for spraying or painting on your walls is good. It also works well on umbrellas.

G

Geoff Cowen

Barber do a re-waxing kit, you can get it from any Barber stockists. You just rub it all over the coat or suit and hang it on a radiator. As it gets warm the material absorbs the wax. It smell a bit so do it when the wife is out.

G

gary knowles

Jack,

go with Tony's suggestion. Thompsons masonry waterproofing - brilliant for clothes, bivvies, umbrella's, etc. And a fraction of the price of the stuff sold specifically for clothing.

J

Jack Pike

Thanks guys I have a little job next week where I am using the mention water repellent