Which bivvy?

D

David Whitmill

I'm looking at getting a new bivvy.

I've used a Shakespeare Cypry for years but I'm fed up with it and want a new one.

The two I'm thinking of are the Fox Easy Dome and Nash Hurricane but I am open to other suggestions.

The main criteria are

Cost = <?200

Ease of putting up/breaking down (especially in the wind)

Stability (in wind etc)

The obvious things like being waterproof and reliable etc.

The Fox is about ?166, Nash ?179.
The Nash seems more versatile because it can be used as a brolly without the infill panel. It comes with ali poles and a winter skin.

I think I'm swaying towards the Nash but I'm interested if anyone has opinions on either or even better both.

Any other suggestions appreciated also.

Thanks for your time

Regards
Dave

S

stu black

http://www.carptackletrader.com/forsale.html

Dave, have a look on there as theres always loads of bivvys. Ive just sent off for a Nash Huricane, full spec ?75!! Theres quite a few Titans/Vipers etc all in (they say) excellent condition.

I should get my Hurricane in the next couple of days so will let you know what its like if you want?

T

The Monk

Personally got more confidence in Cliff's gear, thats since he got his act together, first bedchair I bought fell to bits, (didnt you just love paying for the privillage of field testing) , new stuffs pretty good though, swear by old foxy now!

A

Alan Roe

I have the Fox easy dome and thus far I have not been able to fault it

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Fox for me...(just don't let Rik borrow it, I'm still clearing out is mess and dribble)

S

Stuart Johnson

Has anyone checked out the new chub range yet(the ones that look like the Fox easydomes)

S

Stuart Johnson

Rik, I was thinking of the fox copy is there a copy of the Aqua by chub. Have you seen them both? What do you think of them.

S

stu black

I thought it was a choice between Aqau and Trakker. Obviously Aqua are cheaper but is there a difference in quality?

Bob its not an Aardvark...unless they've brought out a new one?

T

The Monk

Bob, If you want to call it an Aardvark, thats fine by me mate!

B

Bob Watson

I take back my OOOOPS, the following is an extract from a website I visited coz I thought I was right.

Like most insect eating mammals, armadillos have a very long, sticky tongue to slurp up bugs as quickly as possible. They also are equipped with strong claws to tear open ant nests. Their cousins, the anteaters, have very similar tongues and claws. For more on anteaters, see the Armadillo Relatives page.

C

Carp Angler

Stu,
my comment was aimed at the Armadillo, which Fox have copied.

The Easy dome was Fox (actually, Lee Jackson bought one out first) and Chub have just copied it.

C

Carp Angler

Perhaps 'copy' is the incorrect term.

Just released their own unique version????