Bonfire Night

T

The Monk

Bonfire night is again up one us, I've always found I have had some measure of success when fishing over this period and speaking to others it has been suggest that the high content of sulphur in the atmosphere has some effect? I know in heavy fog and smog I've never found the fishing particularly good though, whats your views on this?

T

The Monk

I don't know Dave, I've spoke to a few who say it has some effect?
Do you have any views on fog?

D

Dave Johnson

nah, sorry Monk, by the way, you have posted in the wrong forum area.....lol

C

Carp Angler

I'd say that this is relevant to fishing.

I've always found that fishing in fog to be next to useless.
Haven't noticed any marked inprovement around the 5th of November either.

D

Dave Johnson

Chub fishing in a freezing winter fog is OK, had reasonable results-not any different I suppose.
Anyway, Rik, you will be glad to know the Dove has been well flushed through in readiness for you....and Deb has invested in some strong toilet flush stuff .....no idea why she thinks there is something amiss with your 'nether' region...:eek:)

T

The Monk

It could be Dave that with rivers having a constant change of water, they are not effected to the same extent? I dont know? but there will be papers on atmospheric diversity and freshwater ecological action, I'll see what I can find?

C

Chris Bishop

I like fog - I've had some brilliant days when it's been fog-bound, then had fish after fish as it's cleared.

T

The Monk

Chris
I've never done much in the fog, but when I've been fishing still waters and all that sulphur has been in the air, I've always had a fair bit of luck, I've even fished as the bangers have been going off and the fish have still been having it?