Boring

richiekelly

Reaction score
i am sitting in the car outside asda waiting for the gaffer to do the weekly shoping i endure this torment once a week every week ,the weather is perfect for fishing and i am stuck here bored out of my mind, to make things even worse my son has just rang to say he has had his first barbel of 2010 from the warwickshire avon, not big at 8lbs but a nice fish and better than sitting here,surely i am not the only one that suffers this torment are there others out there? what is the most boring thing you have to do when not fishing

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
The best fishing day today for about a month , and I am at blimmin work. What makes it worse is I come over the Colne on my way here and it looks sock on. :(

richiekelly

Reaction score
The best fishing day today for about a month , and I am at blimmin work. What makes it worse is I come over the Colne on my way here and it looks sock on. :(

the avons up with some colour in it i am going tommorow come what may,the cold weather is forecast to return next week which will bu***r it up again

jcp01

Reaction score
i am sitting in the car outside asda waiting for the gaffer to do the weekly shoping i endure this torment once a week every week

This is where you are going wrong...! The hardcore angler is in the shop with the missus and perusing the shelves for anything remotely connected to fishing - the more you look the more you find - hemp oil is an example of one of my supermarket finds - and then surreptitiously slipping any likely item into the trolly along with the weekly shop. She loved the hemp oil so much on her salads for its 'nutty taste' that I now have a regular supply when I need it.

It is possible to make most of your bait requirements part of the family shop with determination and persistence. Still can't get the ingrates to eat maggots though...

Casters, yes. Good on cereals apparently...

stooby

Reaction score
with the way things are at the moment I'm just dropping everythink
and going :D when the weather looks good.
even book leave from work around this time of the year,also a week at the begining of march.
just bought my yearly permit for the dee and realized its january to january
so straight away I'm 3 months down with the close season( dont get me started on that).so out next monday /tuesday hopefully on the wye .
mans just got to do what a mans got to do :p

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
This is where you are going wrong...! The hardcore angler is in the shop with the missus and perusing the shelves for anything remotely connected to fishing - the more you look the more you find - hemp oil is an example of one of my supermarket finds - and then surreptitiously slipping any likely item into the trolly along with the weekly shop. She loved the hemp oil so much on her salads for its 'nutty taste' that I now have a regular supply when I need it.

It is possible to make most of your bait requirements part of the family shop with determination and persistence. Still can't get the ingrates to eat maggots though...

Casters, yes. Good on cereals apparently...

Try blanching the maggots in boiling water drying on some kitchen paper then frying lightly in some garlic infused olive oil. Mix with brown rice and serve with the sauce of your choice.