Can anyone help in Coalbrookdale

Dom Andrew

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me find David Humphries of Bespoke Tackle

He lives at ... (I thought it best to edited out his address, due to it being private).

I commisioned him to restore a cane rod, which has been paid for. Twelve days ago I emailed him but, have had no reply. Also, his mobilephone has been cut off.
Just before Christmass he said the rod was finished but, I have heard no more from him. I don't think he has done a runner but, I'm worried he might have had an accident or something durring that heavy snow we just had in January.

Is there anyone in the area who might know what has happened to him?
Any information is appreciated.

Dom.

P.S see also other thread, "Searching for David Humphries".

Last edited:

quickcedo

Reaction score
Dom, sorry I cant help, hopefully someone will. I know how I would feel in your situation.

Dom Andrew

Reaction score
That's all right Mark. Thanks for taking an interest, I appreciat it.
What get me is not knowing if he's done a runner or, if somethings happened to him.

Dom.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Here you are Dom, this was from earlier today so he is still in business.......

Hi Merv,

Thanks for your query. The small goose quills on the website are round 4" and the large ones are around 6-7", I am also able to make many other floats with cork, balsa, quills and cane. I will do discounts on sets.

My website is a bit poor really and it doesn't do my work any justice. It isn't my full time job, it's a hobby that I am very passionate about.

If you want some other photos please let me know.

Dave.

Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 06:02:14 -0500
Subject: Quill Floats
To: bespoke_tackle@hotmail.co.uk

Hi,

Just a query re size of quill floats.

What is approx length of 'Small' at £3.25

approx length of 'Large' at £4.00

Many thanks

Merv.

Got a cool Hotmail story? Tell us now =

Dom Andrew

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Result, he e-mailed me with photos of the finished rod - it looks brilliant, and can't wait to receive it. It's being sent to my works address and......

now I feel guiltly for having plastered his address all over the internet.

Red faced Dom.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
now I feel guiltly for having plastered his address all over the internet.
Nonsense, it might do him some good, mroe custom. He's got Merv interested for a start.

As the old saying goes, it doesn't matter whether it's good or bad publicity, so long as they spell you name right.

Glad it's worked out OK

quickcedo

Reaction score
Dom, really glad to see the problem seems to have been sorted. Do us all a favour, when you have had a chance to play fisherman with it, do a review so, we can find out if it was worth the wait. All the best Mark

Dom Andrew

Reaction score
Dom, really glad to see the problem seems to have been sorted. Do us all a favour, when you have had a chance to play fisherman with it, do a review so, we can find out if it was worth the wait. All the best Mark

Sure will, Mark, though don't expect reports of record breaking chub, or whatever, from me. I'm a recently returned angler after many decades absence from the riverbank. Therefore I still consider myself a born-again beginner - even a minnow will make my day.

Bye for now,
Dom.