XIM DOHTEM

M

Malcolm Bason

.esaelp ees ot lla rof ylcilbup s'epicer eht hsilbup ,oN

S

stu black

Just wait til Monk gets here he can talk more shit than the rest of you put together

T

The Monk

Thanks for your support Stu Ha Ha, I,m on my best behaviour at the moment though, trying to clean these threads up before Ron gets back, shall we get in the Bin lads?

C

Cakey

Method mixes are getting dearer and dearer so thought I might make me own, you know bit of this, bit of that,none of the other.

C

Carp Angler

Loads of soaked pellet as the base.
Soak it in anything you fancy, molassed water, hemp juice, watered down A8 flavour, CSL etc etc etc.
Mix in a load of Provimi 66 and PV1 binder.

Cheap and bloody effective.

Vitalin also makes a good solid groundbait, but I've never used it whilst fishing, only as a prebait, so I can't give you any pointers.

C

Carp Angler

if you want to.
If I do that, I usually mix it with the sloppy pellet before adding the dry stuff

C

Cakey

Rik
I've been using 3k of sensas carp and 1k of pv1 binder, a large handful of sweetcorn, and some hemp to taste ,but works out to be about ?20 everytime I go,so is the provimi cheaper ?
also theres two types of provimi 66 what one do you use, the normal or the pure white?

I

ian jay

Here, an expensive 3Kg drum of costs ?2.00, but most make their own. (Sensas, etc, not be readily available)

Having spent most of the year fishing the method, and having had some excellent results, I have come to the conclusion that other than a nutritious bread crumb base, the key factor is the consistency, that should vary with the local conditions on the day. The second factor being the accuracy and frequency of re-casting; the third - don't 'strike, and don't pick the rod up too early!

C

Carp Angler

Cakey,
Normal Provimi and its about ?15 for 25kgs.
25% of the mix is PV1, that's a lot.
The pellet base will help to reduce the amount of binder you need.

2kg of pellet - 50p (trouties)
or if CSL pellet then 20p
1kg of Provimi - 60p
1/2 kg of PV1 - ?1.50
Glug of molasses - 10p (100ml)

Total cost between ?2.40 and ?2.70, for about 5kgs of wet bait.

I've got a better idea, you pay me ?20 and I'll supply you with 5kgs of method mix....
Deal?

C

Cakey

Just a couple more q's
how long can I keep it dry
how long wet
and can I freeze it when wet
I took my normal mix today ,wet it,then found out there was a temp ban on method and loose feed .

D

Dave Rothery

I ball it up+freeze it - get a cobra spoon and frozen balls goes miles!!