Going through the motions

S

stu black

How many of you can honestly say that when you go fishing you ALWAYS have a good walk around using your watercraft skills?

I went for a few hours today, drove to the lake, parked as close as possible, settled into my favourite swim, cast out 2 rods with rigs already attached to spots where I've previously caught, then sat down.

20 minutes later i thought "what the F**k? I might as well be sat at home"

I packed up put it all back in the car, and took a good walk round the lake, i found some fish so went back with rods and caught an 11 lb common within the hour. Not massive by any means but more enjoyable than watching indicators do nothing!!

I know I'm guilty of laziness at times and sometimes i do go fishing to get away from using my brain but mostly I go to catch fish.

How often do you settle into a favourite/comfortable swim without looking at others?

T

The Monk

Must confess I do it a lot, especially these days as I'm getting older, I've always tried to make sure my bait is correctly rigged up and cast where I want it though, even when I driven miles to get to a water, got soaked through and been ready to calapse, I've always done this prior to jumping in the bivvy and dying!

C

Cakey

And me, I watch and walk for a day before I fish ,then I like to be at a water at 4am to see any signs of crashing etc, then camera out ready for any spectactular sunrises.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Graham, is there a problem with the member login on Fishing Magic? or is it possible to join up and assume someone else's identity and type on their behalf?

Because theres a new guy on here who looks like Cakey, writes like Cakey, but talks an absolute load of crud, he writes:
"I watch and walk for a day before I fish ,then I like to be at a water at 4am"
Now I've only fished with Cakey some three hundred odd times and this new cakey is obviously not aware of what the real Cakey does and he's certainly never done any of the above whilst fishing with me and thats a fact!

So sod off new Cakey, and bring us back our old 'car park' 'hit and hope' Cakey.

"I like to watch and walk for a day before I fish....."wahaaaa my ribs are hurting and here you go, ready for another: "be at the lake at 4AM"... oh stop it, I can't take anymore! hahahaha

C

Cakey

The truth is I plonk down next to Stuart because he is the biggest larf I know ,and he carries so much food and drink I have to help him out.
The 4am bit is true ,this is the time of day that Stu and Rik like to argue,but it got me one of the best sunrise piccys I've ever seen.

C

Cakey

P.s. you still aint said if your coming to France foe three days in november.

Rik are you interested?

Anyone interested or have I got to bash the frogs on me own?

T

The Monk

Yes well I guess normal service had to be resumed at some time, I'll come clean too, I just look for the prettiest looking swim and throw the baits out, with a bit of luck they'll land in the water somewhere?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
You might want to move your comments into the 'bait box' forum cakey as they are libellous. I can honestly say that myself and BIG RIK never argue or in fact have never argued to my total recollection. Apart from all the times he's wrong and I'm right, but that’s just a given!!
As you know, the real deal is that I'm the pro and he's just a mere improver, but I took pity on him bringing up eight children in that caravan, so me and Graham got together and said that we should put him down as the pro so he can take credit for all the articles I write that he puts his name to so he could win the bivvy and house his kids. But shhhh… keep it to yourself won’t you?

France - Can't do Cakey, I'm flying off into the sun in November mate.

R

Roto Fryer

depends on what im fishing for if im just out for a couple of days in the countryside ill just plonk myself down and veg for a day or two, howevver, if its its serious fishing ill wander around for a couple of hours before fishing, walk around the lake a couple of times a week and still blank lol