Team Sponsorship

Tim Birch

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone knows the ins and outs of getting a match team sponsored.
I know of a certain team who, though succesful in competition and training up and coming anglers, have no sponsorship deal, thus, said up and coming anglers when they become seniors move to other teams who have sponsorship, not that you can blame them.
Are there any steps to go through to attract sponsorship or is it just a case of contact every manufacturer, distributer etc. possible?

E

EC

I think fishing companies are hammered for sponsorship requests Tim.

I would consider putting a detailed 'needs' list together totalling what you want/need and then put together a portfolio of sorts including any press coverage you have had, successes etc and can prove that you can get regular coverage in the press then you will be in a much stronger position than someone who has not.

Bear in mind however the struggle some international teams have in even getting airfare.

Personally I would look outside angling to a company which is local to the club in question, which could get some kudos from local press coverage.

I

ian jay

Depends upon what you mean by 'sponsorship'. For example, a local company may supply the clothing, with their name on it.

My advice is to do your local research, and make a few phone calls. If you have some evidence to support, make sure they see it.

Advertising budgets are not what they used to be!